Firefly DST not working? Or am I just being stupid...? :)

Underhill
Underhill

Hey guys, 

I recently started a Firefly campaign and would like to use the Dynamic Sheet Templates which seems to be already available on Obsidian Portal (due to an existing Firefly campaign as well as their appearance on the list when I go to Settings).  

So I found it in Settings and set it to "Firefly RPG" (Image One). But when I go to a character sheet for my campaign, there's no way to select a drop-down during character creation or editing (Image Two).

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

Underhill

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

@Underhill, did some looking around for you, and there are a few points I have on this:

[1] The character you mentioned in your reference to an existing Firefly campaign isn't actually using a DST. I took a look and they have a copy/pasted table structure with the look and feel augmented by custom CSS settings.

[2] I looked into the Firefly RPG DST issue, trying to see why you couldn't access the drop down. What I found out is that there is/was a Firefly DST, but it wasn't attached to the Firefly RPG gamesystem. So, I corrected this, and the sheet now shows in the drop down menu as it should.

[3] The sheet appears to be buggered up, with hard-coded values and HTML formatting problems. How this got approved, or what happened to it, I'm not sure, but it's going to need to be fixed before it'll be of much use to you.

In the meantime, there looks to be a Firefly compatible sheet under the Cortex gamesystem, so I'd say try that one out and I'll see if I can't get the actual Firefly sheet repaired in the coming days here.

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Underhill
    Underhill

Wow, thank you SO much! What amazingly quick and thorough support! 

Thank you for investigating, and I'll try the Cortex system (or maybe pirate the hard-code from the other page since it seems to be pretty ... well... pretty. :) 

Again, I can't say thank you enough. Keep up the good work!

Underhill