Character Links

Conan_Lybarian
Conan_Lybarian

For some reason, some of my character links aren't working properly. Even ones I've used in previous posts. It now posts as [[:null | "character name]]. Previous posts show it properly, although if I go into edit, the text now says [[:Content not found | "character name"]]. Is this a glitch anyone else is seeing?

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Do you have a link you can give me where this is happening on the page (so I can see it live)?

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

https://thecoldtruce.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log/the-broker-part-v

I changed some of the names that were broken to regular text, but now it's doing another weird thing! The first "content not found" is for Leaf. A link I use constantly. And now its doing something strange with the Razvahn character. Check out near the bottom. Even though the link works perfectly fine further up!

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Maybe I should try deleting and creating the character again? It's just a weird issue, because now that specific PC is showing an error for EVERY entry that he's in, not just the initial one I was having problems with.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Looking at the page link you gave me, the link error I am seeing for Razvahn is due to a missing quotation mark at the end of the word 'organization' on the previous line.

As for Leaf, it looks like someone saved the character after deleting the character slug out of the text field it normally sits in. You'll want to put that slug back. My guess is that when someone did that and then clicked a link to Leaf, it updated the slug as being null. Hopefully you can just replace the slug and then click an inserted link and it will correct the link/slug association.

Edit: on the plus side, this does bring to light a good safety valve thst should be put into place. Users shouldnt be able to save a character with an empty slug value.
    Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Bortas
    Bortas

At the very least, if they delete the slug, the page should just revert to whatever was previously saved, ie: 'empty cell' is equivalent to 'no change.'

2cp

-bort

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Hmmm.... Yeah, I better talk to someone... sigh... another night of shaking my finger at myself in the mirror...

And it does seem like an odd issue. At the very least, my mistakes might help improve something instead of just wrecking my stuff. Thanks for the solve on this @Kallak!