Can not make new wiki page

Carolus_Shell
Carolus_Shell

Every time I try to make a new wiki page it sends me to the 404 pages

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Are you trying to create a new page by clicking on the "A New Page"  link that was included in the initial/default wiki page by chance?

Generally when I get someone who is getting 404 when trying create a new page, it's because they're clicking on that "A New Page" link without realizing that they inadvertently "messed it up" and need to "fix" it.

Assuming that's your issue, the long and short of it is this: if someone uses that link and creates a page called "A New Page" and saves it, the link is updated to point to that specific page, and if that page gets deleted, then the link can't find the page and gives a 404 not found error. If someone did do this, you need to edit the page containing the "A New Page" link and then save without making any other changes. This will revert the link back to pointing at a new page rather than looking for a page called "A New Page".

If you are using that method, I'd say you'd be better off using the "New+" top bar menu item and then choosing the Wiki Page option.

All the best,
    - Kallak