Insert content of another page

Vayday
Vayday

Hello, I'm a freshly registered member and I couldnt find the answer to that question anywhere : Is there a way to add the content of page into another page ? 

Let me clarify what I mean. I want the pages of my Wiki and characters sheet to allow my players to go back to certain sections of the wiki if they so please. On another Wiki I created a page containing all of my section's link that I just inserted at the end of all of my Wiki pages. It allowed me to be able to edit the navigation menu on all of my pages at once without having to painfully open all of my already written article and Character sheets.

On a side note, is there a way to add those link directly on the collapsible menu ? That might be a quicker fix.

Thank you for your time

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Greetings @Vayday,

The capability that you're talking about isn't currently available without per-page edits like you were discussing. There may be something relating to this issue brewing on the back end, but it's slightly early for me to make any official notices. Stay tuned though.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Oh how I wish this were a thing. I have to manually update all of the links in my adventure logs every time I create a new one. Can we make this a thing?

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Vayday
    Vayday

Thank you for your reply. I second UselessTriviaMan on that motion if that's something within my reach, if not I'll go back to editing :). Thank you for your time.

• Bortas
    Bortas

Allow iframes?

-bort

• Vayday
    Vayday

What is that exactly Bortas? I'm new at this sort of things

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

An iframe is an html tag that allows you to include a separate document into an web page. It can be used to include a page from another web site, but that are quite a few security safe guards that makes that kind of thing a little more tricky. The idea behind the safe guards is that so people won't put malicious code on a page.

A nice thing about an iframe is that you can have scroll bars in it so that the new content doesn't need to take over the entire page. Here is a link to an document explaining iframes better than I can.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Vayday
    Vayday

That seems like a good idea John ! However do I need to have a website for this ? To host the page where the link would be ? As I said I really am a beginner at this, so sorry if my questions are a bit silly

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Short answer, yes, you will need to access a web page. This does not mean that it has to be a web site that you run, it could also be a Google page, or say for instance a web page on the Pathfinder SRD. The code for an iframe would be something like the following.

<iframe src="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/human"; width="600" height="400">

Message that the page you are on does not support inline frames.

</iframe>

This would display the Human race entry from the Pathfinder SRD at 600 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall on the web page, unless the web site in question did not support iframes.

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Vayday
    Vayday

I see, I may be able to do something with that ! Thank you so much for your help ! I'm going to try to acquire a webpage where I can put my content and see if I can do that