Deleting Images?

MerlinCross

Hi, new here, got a question. 

So I just hit my image cap(Wow that fills up fast) but okay I'll just go delete some stuff. Easy right? 

Um... how do I remove? 

No seriously. How do I remove images I uploaded? They don't show up. If I go to Media Library I have just two images, a ship and a map. Now I know those aren't 2 MB each. But I have been making a LOT of characters for an up coming game. To the point I've also swapped some of the images around with others. Some that I found were more fitting. 

So where are these images stored? I couldn't delete or remove the portraits. Heck I even deleted a character just to see if that would free it up. Nope. I'm still over. Some how. 

I want to free up space but how the heck can I do this? 

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey @MerlinCross, I went to look at your campaign, but the map that you had talked about seems to be missing now. Do you have a copy of that file still? I was hoping to recreate your issue so I could look into it.

Thanks,

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • MerlinCross

I deleted the map in question. Because I actually CAN delete the map. 

I can't delete character images. That's the problem. They don't appear anywhere in Media Library. I don't know if it saves ALL the pictures I upload or just the current picture. I have had a few NPCs that I changed the picture of a few times and if the site Saves the older pictures well that's just data bloat. Bloat I can't remove. 

The only way I think I've found to delete character images is to either click "no image" which I think still saves the data or just delete the character in question(Which runs into the issue of "Is the image saved and if so where") 

• Kallak
    Kallak

I took a look at your media library page, and the character images don't appear to be taking up any room toward your allowance. Despite having more than 30 characters with images, I see that you only have 111kb of space used, with a ship image that is 111kb. Is this what you see also?

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • MerlinCross

Wait just what Counts towards that data storage? Pictures assigned to characters, pictures assigned to media libarary, both, just what? 

Well I deleted the ship image and sure enough that freed up the space. Even though I have 30 characters worth of images.

That seems weird. Epically when I tried to upload a character image I was greated with "Can't up load, you're at your limit".  I can probably do that NOW but agh this is confusing. Well I have no images in media libarary now so if I get that message again, I don't know what I'm going to do. I HAD been going back through my images and cutting the size down with photo editors but now I have no idea what to do.

And I still don't know how to delete a character image.

Post edited by MerlinCross on
  • Kallak
    Kallak

Character images shouldn't count towards you file storage total. If you want to remove a character's image, edit the character, click the "Change Character IMG" button overtop of the image, Check the "No image?" checkbox and then save.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Abersade
    Abersade

What would stop someone from bypassing the image limits then? I've verified that there is a method that works on my test campaign site: https://abersade-testbed.obsidianportal.com/

EDIT: Removed the description of the method that I've used, if you have questions please ask or check the GM section of the Image Limit Bypass Test character in the site listed above.
    Post edited by Abersade on

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Kallak
    Kallak

Obviously, we want to ensure that there aren't exploitable loopholes. So, it seems like this is something we'll have to do some additional evaluation on. Thanks for raising this issue @Abersade, I'll take it up the ladder so a fair solution can be hammered out.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Lagikrus
    Lagikrus

I didn't make a new post because I find it can fit here, sorry if I'm wrong.

I'm no longer able to upload character images as I'm receiving the full storage reached message ( My media Library says that I have 5.48 MB of storage used of the 2 MB available, and that's already strange).

But reading the posts above I understood that character images does not count in the storage limit, so why I'm not able to upload them? Is it possible only if you have space left but not if you have reached the limit?

And what does count towards this limit? Only image uploaded in the lybrary? Does maps and items images count?

Thanks.