A lot of Wiki questions

DonLouigi

Ahoy,

I have 3 basic questions regarding the Wiki:

1) Is there a "How to" that explains how to use, format, etc. the wiki other than the default main page (which is very short)?

2) Is there a way to change which page of the wiki is displayed if one goes to the "Wiki"? Default seems to be the Main Page, is that changable or only by editing the main page?

3) Regarding linking characters. The Main Page helpfully gives this: "For PCs and NPCs in your campaign, use the Character Link button to the right. " However, what does that mean? When editing a Wiki page there is nothing on the right, just the formatting commands at the top, and there I did not find such a button. 

All the best,

Don

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey @DonLouigi, Regarding your questions:

1. Yes and No. The Help area has been newly relaunched, so yes there is a help area, however, I'm still filling it out, so no, I haven't gotten as far as the wiki material yet. That said, I left the older stuff on there for the time being until I get it re-done. You might be able to find older workable information for what you need on there.

2. You can't change the link associated with the tab navigation "Wiki" entry - at least not without replacing or not displaying the standard tab nav. Both options are a ton of work, and become worse if you make any edits down the line. For the moment at least, this is a "limitation" that you have to work with.

3. The text you are referencing refers to the slug insertion buttons that are on the side of the Textile editor, and not the CKEditor. If you want/need to see these buttons, go into the Settings tab, Advanced section and use the Default Editor dropdown to change to the Textile Editor, then hit the Save button.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • DonLouigi

Ah, all right. Thanks for the quick reply :)

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I highly, highly recommend switching over to Textile rather than CkEditor. Textile works brilliantly and is very user-friendly. CkEditor... not so much.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I agree with UselessTriviaMan, Textile is a much better tool for working on pages in the OP. I never use CkEditor, always making sure my campaigns are set to use Textile!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• ragnarhawk

@Kallak, I know that the suggestion has been made before, but I would like to bring it up again in the context of this thread, as my wife also ran into this issue when she started using OP.

Please see if it is possible to make the Textile editor the default again until such time as the CKEditor is ready for prime time.

Thanks