Update #20 - All quiet on the western front

Kallak
Kallak

Monday has come, which means it's time for another weekly update. This one doesn't "have that much" to it, but in a good way really.

Give it to me:

[1] Help/Support Changeover

As discussed previously, the split of Help and Support is coming. The current estimate pegs this as being days away (unless something changes). All things considered, this will be a fairly small change. Support will remain pretty much as is, and Help will link to the upcoming revised help/how to area. Help is something that will still be changing and growing over time as more things are added and updates to the site necessitate changes or revisions.

[2] Business as Usual

Aside from [1], it's all pretty much "in progress" at the moment on the back end. The new feature team is in development on the new stuff, bug guys are tracking down a few oddball problems, and the content people are plotting and scheming new stuff for the site. It's a sort of "no news is good news" kind of situation for right now. Everyone is in the zone working.

~~~

And that's gonna do it for now. With a bit of luck, the fruits of some of this week's labor will be in the next update post. Until then, take care all.

All the best,
- Kallak

Comments

• username
    username

I just want to let you know that people are reading even if you have few responses. I've read all 20 of the updates at this point and most within a day or two of posting. Thanks for letting keeping us up to date.

• Krothos
    Krothos

Ditto to what username stated!

• MorganWilliams
    MorganWilliams

Ditto as well! I really appreciate having an open and honest rapport available these days. It does a very long way to making me (as a customer) feel appreciated. Thank you!

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

Agreed. A 5 minute read once a week can keep people happy even if they don't tell you. As someone who has been in the position quiet people are usually happy and screaming people are upset. If things stay quiet for you it means you are PROBABLY doing your job correctly! Keep up the good work.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey guys, great to hear that people are following the updates. Readership can be hard to gauge sometimes. That said, I certainly appreciate the feedback, and invite everyone to keep it coming. If there are questions, or you want me to expand on something, or add a "segment" to the updates, whatever the case may be - so let me know what you like or don't like and I can make adjustments if/as needed.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Oh yeah, I'm always excited to see a new update. I love what you've done with the place, Kallak, and I hope you stick around 'cuz you're doing a great job as community manager. :-)

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I'm still reading and picking up the weekly report with relish.

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member