Custom left hand side menus

conversingham
conversingham
edited August 2018 in Campaign Portal Building

Hi all!

I'm brand new to the site, as well as playing around with custom CSS. After looking at what some of you have produced, however, I am inspired to jump in and have a crack myself!

I then realised this isn't as easy as I hoped. At this stage all I want to do is make some custom menu items on the left hand menu, linking off to new section, or groups of wiki pages, if that is easier.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good resource to accomplish this, or provide any advise? I'd really appreciate any assistance anyone can provide :)

Post edited by conversingham on

Comments

• weasel0
    weasel0

One thing is to sign around a lot of the bigger custom campaigns as quite a few have pages dedicated to showing the CSS used. Mostly due to all of us learning and....borrowing code from each other over the years. I've got CSS listed all in one campaign as I specifically use it for testing code but I don't have any custom menus so I don't have any of that coding saved.

• cgregory
    cgregory

One thing I would suggest is making sure you are using the textile default editor. The CkEditor is still a little buggy.

As for custom menus, it depends on what you are looking for.

You will need to know the icon names if you want to play around with the icons. The following page lists all of them.

https://unlockingtheportal.obsidianportal.com/wikis/campaign-navigation

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• conversingham
    conversingham

That's for the feedback, guys. At this stage I'm not trying to do anything fancy with icons, but I'd like to add some menu items like "Locations" and similar, rather than putting all of that into the wiki, and then having to effectively create a new menu on the front page of that.

If people have other ideas of managing this as well, I'm all ears!