What's happening with maps? Interactive Map Query

twiggyleaf
twiggyleaf
edited April 2018 in General Discussion

What's happening with maps?  Interactive Map Query

Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with the previous map thread where uploading the map was an issue.  I have recently uploaded two maps through the system with no problem but cannot now seem to find a way to add the interactive arrows and text blocks to them or any of my old maps.  

There doesn't seem to be an edit button to plop the markers in or even choose them?  Is anyone else having this problem?  Have maps changed?   Have I gone insane?

By the way, my old markers and associated text blocks are still visible and working.

Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

I have an add markers button, but it doesn't seem to save the markers

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I used to have a BUTTON like that but it seems to have gone.  The only buttons I now have are ZOOM IN, ZOOM OUT and TOGGLE FULL SCREEN VIEW. Is anyone else having similar issues?

sad

Post edited by twiggyleaf on

Inner Council Member

• Bortas
    Bortas

I can click the add marker button, I can type in some info, but when I click save marker, nothing happens.

-bort

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey Guys,

Just popping over to let you know that this issue is now being looked into, so hopefully it will be able to be resolved quickly. Thanks for pointing it out twiggy, and for you guys who have added additional information.

For tracking purposes, please make sure tickets are being opened via the support email. Things coming from multiple places was part of the problem with the original system back when, so let's make sure to use what tools we do have if you aren't already (this is just a general statement by the way, not directed at this in particular).

I know the support email seems absent at times (generally the weekend), but it is being seen, and the tracking really helps.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Thanks Kallak,

I didn't open a ticket because I was not sure if it was an issue - so I just put up a post to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing.  Seeing as you have said the issue is being looked into, I won't bother with a ticket at this stage and will wait a short while to see what transpires.

Thanks for your input.

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Glad to report the editing facility for maps is back and map markers are once again available.  Thanks!

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Now to actually deliver on the Kickstarter pledges, given back in 2013 (Wow, has it been 5 years?)

Stretch Goal #1 - Reworking the Maps - $10,000 - ACHIEVED

The campaign maps have been one of our favorite features since the beginning, but just like everything else, they need some work to make them better! If we hit this goal, we will be able to make the following improvements:

• Deeper zoom levels for Ascendant maps - 5 instead of the current 3

• Higher resolution images - 4096x4096 pixels instead of the current 1024x1024

• A library of map markers - Different colors and shapes. Imagine dropping crossed swords to mark a battle, a tower to mark a wizard's abode, and a cave for...a cave. That's the idea.

• Better connection with the rest of your campaign - Add markers for specific characters and/or wiki pages, instead of only the general purpose markers we have now.

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

It has been five years.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Time flies sadly.

That said, the stretch goals haven't been forgotten.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • weasel0
    weasel0

Well, this should be a good barometer towards Kalidescope philosophy at this point. 

#WeRemember

Kidding. Not kidding.

• Krothos
    Krothos

I'm just happy the site is still functional, getting regular updates, and now has tech support.  :)

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

Inner Council Member

• JeremyRyan
    JeremyRyan

A library of map markers - Different colors and shapes. Imagine dropping crossed swords to mark a battle, a tower to mark a wizard's abode, and a cave for...a cave. That's the idea.

When I click "Add Markers" to a map, I see only 2 marker sets: "Simple" and "Monuments".  From what I've read on here, and from the comment above, it feels like I should see more marker sets than those. Where can I find the other marker sets to add to my map? And can I add my own custom markers?

• Kallak
    Kallak

Map markers and marker sets have to be uploaded on the back end via the admin dashboard. It's an area of the site that's still a tad behind schedule. But, if you have markers or a set, I can take a look and see about getting them uploaded.

All the best,
    - Kallak