Textile editor broken

brightwyrm
brightwyrm

The functions of the Textile wiki editor are broken. The menu does not appear for rich text styles, linking or images. The screen windows are small and have to be 'drawn out' to become usable. 

In addition, tags seem to be broken, search functions are broken and the redirect to a completed page once submitted is also broken, resulting in 500 errors each time it's used. 

This has been like this for months now. I've submitted support requests and heard nothing in return. 

Who has information on why this is broken and most importantly, when it will be fixed? When will the owners of this service be hiring or assigning competent workers capable of resolving this issue? I know this site gets my $ each year. I'd like some support now please. 

Comments

• Lwitherspoon
    Lwitherspoon

The end is near.

Bring out your dead.

• brightwyrm
    brightwyrm

What is that supposed to mean? Has there been some announcement related to this service?

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I think Lwitherspoon is being sarcastic.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• EvilOtto
    EvilOtto

Have same problem.  Given the lack of response from Support in this thread, I found a way to hack around it.

1.  Upload image to Media Library.

2.  Hover over image in media library and make note of the asset number.  e.g. for me, the URL ends in "/835883/LetterFromDuchessMorwen.jpg".

3.  Paste the link directly in the text of the wiki page where you want it.  e.g. for me, this was [[File:835883 | class=media-item-align-center | LetterFromDuchessMorwen.jpg]] 

Good luck.

• brightwyrm
    brightwyrm

I appreciate the interest in helping the community. Though I had already discerned how to utilize asset numbers in this way, it's nice to know that there are folks out there willing to help others. Much obliged.

What I'd really like though, is some support for the actual product I've paid for from the owners of the product. That would seem like a reasonable request. Things like:

1. Acknowledgement that they've seen my issue

2. Information pertaining to their knowledge of the problem, and common temporary work-arounds (like the one you've provided)

3. Some idea of when the editor will be fixed.

4. Follow through once the issue has been resolved indicating that it has been and mentioning any relevant changes. 

That's all basic customer service, right? Why can't we expect that basic level of service when we pay for a service?

• OPAdmin
    OPAdmin

Hi @brightwyrm, I replied to your latest ticket: #4115110, regarding GM's on your campaign. I'm not seeing any other tickets from your email, perhaps they are on a different email address. Please reply back and reference your ticket number so that I can further investigate if needed.

Based on this thread it sounds like the issue has been resolved, please verify so that we can close out the ticket if assistance is no longer needed.

Thanks!

Jameela

• brightwyrm
    brightwyrm

Hello @OPAdmin,

Thank you for the response! Unfortunately I don't know what my initial ticket# was. I don't recall getting a tracking number. It's possible the system didn't appropriately generate one. 

Simply put however, the issue is this:

There are two editors: Textile and WSYWYG. I use Textile.

Currently however, Textile is missing most of the functions associated with the editor functions on my page: https://silver-age-beyond.obsidianportal.com

For example, if I attempt to create a new Wiki page, all of the toolbar functions at the top of the screen are missing. I can't add a link, italicize something, etc. without using the manual markup (because the buttons don't exist) and the editor area is tiny and must be 'dragged out' 

For example, if I try to create a new wiki entry https://silver-age-beyond.obsidianportal.com/wikis/Mindoza/new

None of those features appear. 

If you want to see an example of how this differs from a *working* page, you can look at my other page: https://silver-age-seattle.obsidianportal.com/wikis/Photography/new

Do you see the difference between creating a new page on the 'Beyond' page and the 'Seattle' pages? Seattle has all of the correct functions. Beyond does not. Hopefully that should be an easy side-by-side comparison. 

Thanks!

- Chris S

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Just to let you know Jameela, textile editor was the old way campaigns were made prior to the (my opinion, disastrous) rollout of the WSYWYG editor by Kaleidoscope.  In other words, the majority of the campaigns on this site use the textile editor.

Just trying to help out.

• Bortas
    Bortas

And the issue he is talking about is the 'character link' 'wiki link' 'preview' buttons not working like they are supposed to. I haven't been having this on any of my sites for a few days, but it was rather prolific this weekend and before.

-bort

• brightwyrm
    brightwyrm

I just want to say that this week I was very please to see that the Textile editor for my site is working great, as are tags. 

Thanks so much for the support!

• OPAdmin
    OPAdmin

Thanks for the confirmation @brightwyrm, we're glad to hear that everything is running smoothly once again!

If any other issues arise or you need assistance please drop us a support ticket!

This discussion has been closed.

March 2024
Wrath of the Highborn

Read the feature post on the blog
Return to Obsidian Portal

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussions