Embedding Music

Mr_Ritter
Mr_Ritter

I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate the embedding music into the front of our Main page and still cant seem to find a previously answered question of how to autoplay soundcloud links and such. This has been answered in the past, but since then coding has been updated and changed so the answers are no longer relevant.  Im specifically looking at either youtube autoplaying or soundcloud autoplaying.

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

This feature has been eliminated years ago.

Just trying to help out.

• Bortas
    Bortas

And yet, Abersade's campaign seems to have embeded  music. I have no idea how it was done, however, so maybe it doesn't apply.

-bort

Post edited by Bortas on
  • cgregory
    cgregory

He did it the similar way you do videos.

1. Save your audio to the media library.

2. Copy the link to the audio file from your media library.

3. Paste the link into the Media Embed button.

4. Change the class oembed cloudfront-undefined to oembed cloudfront-audio

You will likely need to be using textile markup rather than ckedit

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Mr_Ritter
    Mr_Ritter

And that did it thatnks for the help cgregory!

• NinjaFlashX
    NinjaFlashX

Yes! We used music on our session updates back in the day for out Earthdawn game. Each session had its own song attached to the update. Then the Reforge broke everything. Glad to see that someone figured out how to bring back music. Dang, now I may have to go back and add the music back in. ;-)

And Estes Tonne (The song on Abersade's campaign)... being a guitar player myself, LOVE him. He's awesome!

Heroes Unchained: CotM 2013

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

My point was it used to be a feature- that was a partnership- that does not exist any longer.

Just trying to help out.

• Abersade
    Abersade
    Sorry I wasn't on to answer the question directly, with all of the issues we've been seeing I'm admittedly spending less time on the site and forums and have forbidden my players from making wiki changes and journal entries until things level out a bit.

I discovered that this works by accident btw. I was trying to answer someone else's question about stopping the music from automatically playing and when I looked into why his was playing it dawned on me. Glad it was of some use!

Estes Tonne's 10 string demo is the source for the music.
    Post edited by Abersade on

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

So, did what CGregory said and it put a huge frame/box on my screen, though the music DID play. I tried making it displayt=none and now it doesn't show, but it doesn't play either. Help

<div class='oembed cloudfront-audio' style="display: none;"><a href='https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/43870/assets/836676/I-Am-The-Night.mp3?1520453425'

Post edited by Keryth987 on

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Weird, but its playing fine now and had one of my players test it too so, nevermind, the code I put here works fine and hides the box too