Tags not working - Internal Server Error (500) - Jan 2018

Eck
Eck

I get an Internal Server Error (500) any time I click on a tag for my campaign.  https://eckszaltedwa.obsidianportal.com/search?tag=todo

Please forgive the in-progress nature of my site. I just made it public so you could see the problem. :)

​​​​​​​Also, my map has been about to be "available in a few minutes" for about a week now.

- Eck

Comments

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

I will second this issue. I can apply tags and make new tags when making a new wiki page but get the error when I click on tags on existing pages.

• Bortas
    Bortas

I'm showing these as not causing 500 errors, which is good, but also not showing any results.

-bort

• Omegabase
    Omegabase

This issue was affecting me in 2017, but checking a tag URL just now, it is working OK at this time for my campaign at least:

http://arcanearth.obsidianportal.com/search?tag=PC

(Win10 / Firefox 52.5.3 (32-bit))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arcanearth

Gammaworld 2754

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Tags working for me today.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• GhostlyDaemon
    GhostlyDaemon

Had this issue for a while, still having it as of today

• mobley
    mobley

Tags not working, search not working, wiki and character link buttons not working, editing or creating a wiki page is messed up (tried Firefox, Chrome, Edge). Been like this for several days for me. Have emptied browser caches and restarted etc.

That plus the email invites being down the other day are pretty much the final straws for me. Will be looking for another product. I love OP, but 9.99 per month for something that is not updated and doesn't work a significant amount of time is not acceptable.

• xorthan
    xorthan

My tags show up, but clicking on them is yielding no results!

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

My tags seem to working fine with no issues. I have been using them off and on for the last couple weeks since my last post creating a new campaign with no issues as well. Using both Firefox and Chrome if that helps. 

Post edited by JaymesBolton on
  • pidmaster
    pidmaster

My tags have never worked since I started using OP.  The only way they have been useful to me at all is when I click the 'See all pages' button in the wiki and use the tags to filter the results in the list that pops up.  However, when I try to use OP today and I click on the 'See all pages' button on the wiki, nothing happens at all.

Since this isn't working, search isn't working, and clicking on tags isn't working, it is now almost impossible for me to find my wiki pages.  I hope this gets fixed soon because I have spent a lot of time creating content in OP for my campaign.  I may just have to export my data and try to do something else with it at this point.

Very frustrated and dissapointed.

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

Tags not populating when I try to tag a new page.

Editing a page is almost impossible. It appears that the template is gone. The typing locations are only 1 1/2 lines high. (both for the GM Section and for the visible section.

Whats up with this?

Anyone reading these posts?

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I've also encountered the same troubles as joeschmoe998. I can't add or create tags for new pages, and when I go into the edit page only two lines of text display. (If you click the triangular icon in the lower right corner of each text edit window you can drag and expand that window to any desired size, though.)

But yeah, something's wonky.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

I can resize the window, but the buttons just move farther down the page, I can't get them to appear where they used to (inside/beside the window). The buttons still don't work, so no links or images. 

Search leads to a 500 Server error with the "return to home" button on it :(

Been over a week....any predications on how long before it is fixed?

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

SkidAce had a a temp solution for opening the edit window:

"

You can resize that editing window.  See the drag box at the lower right, just under the scroll

bar."

It worked for me...

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• pidmaster
    pidmaster

Resizing the window is the least of the issue.  I've been having all of the same issues for at least a week.  The tags not working and the embed links not working is making this site nearly unusable.

The closest things to workarounds are:

Embed links not working:  Manually enter the markup to embed character and wiki links. (If you don't know how you can see examples of how in your backup xml if you download a backup)

Tags/Search not working:  Go to: https://[campaign name].obsidianportal.com/wikis/ then use Ctrl+F to search the list of articles by title (no tag search, so still not really a workaround)

• Galero
    Galero

Tags not working, search not working. This is the message displayed when I use them: 

Internal Server Error (500)

We have logged an unexpected error. Our technical team is dedicated to providing amazing gaming experiences and will investigate further. Please click here to return to the previous page.

Also:
    Editing a page is almost impossible. It appears that the template is gone. The typing locations are only 1 1/2 lines high. (both for the GM Section and for the visible section.
    Post edited by Galero on
  • mobley
    mobley

Yep this has been broken for weeks and makes both editing existing pages or creating new wiki pages impossible. No tags, no links, no functionality. Got billed again for Ascendent membership yesterday, will be the last time.

• LordPhobos
    LordPhobos

Same problem here, please fix.

• Tiaslin
    Tiaslin

Same: Broken edit pages, form fields and stuff completely messed up. Only had this occasionally, now it seems to be permanent, can't really work on my campaign at all right now.

And yes, the tags won't work for me either.

I'm posting multiple support tickets, no reply yet. I really hope I don't have to move somewhere else with my campaign =/

Post edited by Tiaslin on
  • joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

@tiaslin, I did finally get a response from support, it's not fixed, but supposedly they are looking at it.

• moonbunny
    moonbunny

I am also having a issue with this, when I try to create a page, or edit on I am getting Error: 500 and its really difficult to work with stuff. Crafting Characters is also a pain in the backside, because it immediately takes me to the error page,but the character does show up there.

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

Finally having this issue as well over the last week. I thought I was safe and it was isolated incidents but looks like I was wrong. 

• Erathia
    Erathia

I am also having this issue with using tags. Creating character/Wiki links have not worked for ~ 3 weeks.

• nicholasevantonelli
    nicholasevantonelli

I'm having the same issues as all of you are, I've finally got a response from Kaleigoscope Support and they told me no one else is experiencing these issues, so either they aren't reading these boards and support tickets or they're lying.

Tags not working, search not working. This is the message displayed when I use them: 

Internal Server Error (500)

We have logged an unexpected error. Our technical team is dedicated to providing amazing gaming experiences and will investigate further. Please click here to return to the previous page.

Also: 

Editing a page is almost impossible. It appears that the template is gone. The typing locations are only 1 1/2 lines high. (both for the GM Section and for the visible section

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

How did you get a hold of the Kalediscope Support??  You have accomplished nothing short of a major feat.  +10,000 XP. smiley 

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Sad but true statement joeshmoe

Just trying to help out.

• Galero
    Galero

Same for me, any answer from admins?