Featured Campaign of the Month

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey all, just wanted to spread the news that the August 2017 Campaign of the Month interview is now up on the blog. Congratulations to friendlypickle and the players of Star Trek: Aftermath!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations Friendlypickle and Team.  As usual, great interview with great insights as to how you play, using some tools I am not all that familiar with.  Keep on growing!

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Abersade
    Abersade

Congratulations!

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Kallak
    Kallak

Greetings OP Forum-goers,

It's been a bit of a rough ride for the members of the CotM Selection Committee the last couple months, and regrettably, we've gone and gotten ourselves way behind schedule. More than anyone else I carry the blame, and for that I hope you can all forgive me. Severe personal issues have kept me largely away from the site, and as the one responsible for getting the blog posts up, I was unable to carry out that duty for a short time.

That said, things are finally turning around, and I am officially back in action. This means it's time to get the blog posts caught up. So, while the posts for the recent Campaigns of the Month are late in coming, the campaigns that they feature are really great, and deserving of our congratulations. I hope you will lift your voice with mine in offering up praise for the hard-working GMs who bring these games to life.

I am staggering the release of these posts by a few days each, so as to grant these campaigns what individual recognition I can given the circumstances.

First up, September's Campaign of the Month. Please help me congratulate GM TheOriginator and the players of Profane Legacy. You can now find the CotM Interview on the blog. October's winner will follow in a few days time, and November's after that. Then things will be caught up and we can move into December and (gasp!) an on-time CotY vote in January.

Thanks for reading all, and all the best to each of you.

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

yes

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations to TheOriginator and the winning campaign "Profane Legacy"!  Well deserved, and thanks for the interview too.

Inner Council Member

• Bortas
    Bortas

Wow, look at all the content! I'm super jealous of the frequent game. Congrats crew!

-bort

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey Guys,

Now that we've given Profane Legacy a bit of time in the limelight, let's move the proverbial ball forward and post our next catch-up-update.

Please help me congratulate October's winning campaign. Blood & Bourbon by GM Calder_R and Co. This interview is huge, with tons of great reading. Congrats guys!

As before, we'll give this campaign some time to stand and be recognized before posting the next update. Just a little more and we'll be caught up going into the end of the year and the CotY runnings.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations Calder_R and team!

Inner Council Member

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

Congratulations to all involved in Profane Legacy and Blood & Bourbon for winning CotM.  Great job on both campaigns.

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• Omegabase
    Omegabase

Finally getting this off the ground.  Had our session 0 recently:  https://arcanearth.obsidianportal.com/

My completed campaign:  https://gamma-world-2754.obsidianportal.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arcanearth

Gammaworld 2754

• Kallak
    Kallak

Okay! So after way too long of a hiatus due to the compromise of the blog and the subsequent temporary loss of my access, the CotM train is back on the move, and roaring down the track to get caught up and into CotY.

So, please help me congratulate DM_Mike and the players of The Gaelean Chronicles: Heroes 4 Hire on their Campaign of the Month win! The interview is now live on the blog, and it's pretty awesome - with tons of player involvement and a lot to read.

I'll be posting the final 2017 campaign in the coming days (gotta give Mike and the gang their time in the sun), and then we'll move swiftly into CotY. Stay tuned.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Bortas
    Bortas

Wow, what an amazing amount of content. Well done! I'm also looking at running my kids first campaign, but they are teenagers, not yet adults.

-bort

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations DM_Mike on your brilliant campaign: "The Galean Chronicles".

Great interview!

Inner Council Member

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Great news and Good Job DM_Mike!

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Congratz DM_Mike! Sounds like a great campaign! Nice that your players joined in on the interview!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Kallak
    Kallak

At last, the final post of the 2017 CotMs! Please congratulate Maksim_Kotelnikov and the crew over at The Last Parsec for their December win. You can now read the interview on the blog.

CotY is up next, so details will be coming shortly on that front.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations Maksim_Kotelnikov and team.  Great interview and stunningly beautiful campaign with a most magnificent universe.  Good luck to your players when they encounter those xenomorphs!

smiley

twigs

Inner Council Member

• Bortas
    Bortas

That site design is awesome, well done!

-bort

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

I second what Bortas said.  It looks amazing.  Nicely done.

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

So it is May 2018- any chance on getting a Campaign of the Year for 2017?  Is the CotM ever coming back?  It was one of the things that truly set Obsidian Portal apart from other sites....

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak

The CotM has been on something of a hiatus given that the back half was not able to be completed, and there has been burnout on the part of the committee due to this.

Now that I'm able to complete the second half of things, CotM will be making a comeback. There's just a bit of ramp up that has to take place to get everyone back in place and replace lost committee members.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Kallak
    Kallak

Greetings one and all, I come bearing good news!

Campaign of the Month makes a triumphant return this month. The selection committee is once more full, and has chosen the newest winner! So help me in congratulating GM howardrbrandon and the players of Shaintar Legends Awaken: Rangers of the Greenway Road! You can find out more about his organized society campaign in our CotM Blog Post!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Bortas
    Bortas

That is such a cool campaign concept: I wish I was more extroverted to gather that many gaming friends!

-bort

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Congratulations Howard and Company!

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Congratz!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations howardrbrandon and team!

Thanks for a great interview.  I have often thought of what it would be like to have a group of GMs running different locations in the same world, and you guys seem to have "cracked it" in this "Lord of the Rings meets Die Hard" game.  I was touched by your GMs clubbing their resources to resurrect your character and totally agree with your "90% caring" pearl of wisdom.  Long may your realms continue! 

smiley

Inner Council Member

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey guys. So, if you've been wondering where July's CotM is, the wait is finally over! You'll have to forgive me for the delay, but I had to get some details ironed out with our new prize partner before the feature post could go up, so there was a bit more back and forth than usual for CotM.

That's right, prize partner! I'm very excited to announce, that starting with July's CotM, Modiphius Entertainment will now be sponsoring a monthly prize to the winning campaign! This prize will be valued at $30 and will be usable for PDFs from their Shop. So please join me in thanking Chris Birch and all of the great people over at Modiphius Entertainment for their generosity, and their support of Obsidian Portal and the Campaign of the Month program.

So without further delay, please help me congratulate July's winning campaign, and the first recipient of this new prize: Morwindl | Rising Tide! Congratulations to Bortas and all of the players of this spectacular campaign. Stop by the blog and check out the interview and all of the awesomeness contained therein!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • weasel0
    weasel0

Congratulations!

And cool on the prize partner too!