Help placing a picture in-text

Haligaunt
Haligaunt

Hello, all.

This is a problem I have had for some time. I added a ticket for it and never heard back from OP Support, and I also asked the forum for assistance. Regrettably, my frustration got the better of me and I walked away from the problem, and very nearly my game, and didn't follow this up. Now, I'm ready to tackle it again. Could one of you please help me?

I like to place pictures in text with my character backgrounds so I can add heraldry and whatnot. However, as things have stood for quite some time, I get stuck on the click or drag screen after adding the image. There is no command to complete the action. Is there something I am missing, or is this still broken?

I'm including a screenshot here to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

Are you using folders in your file library? That might be the issue. There have been some issues with folders in the file library.

It looks like in the picture you did the drag here to upload, have you tried the clicking rather than dragging?

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Haligaunt
    Haligaunt

Hello, there, thanks for responding. Clicking or dragging, I have the same issue. And yes, I do have a few folders. So, the way forward is to check my backups and delete the folders?

Post edited by Haligaunt on
  • Haligaunt
    Haligaunt

Hmmm. I deleted the folders in my media library, and so far there is no change. Does anyone else have this problem?

• Kallak
    Kallak

I just tested on one of my campaigns and I am not getting this issue.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Haligaunt
    Haligaunt

Thanks, Kallak. I wonder if you would be so kind as to take a screenshot of how the picture upload screen should actually look when you post a picture? This issue has persisted on my campaign ever since the relaunch. That's rather a long time.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Here's what it looks like on my tablet in landscape orientation. Have to wait until the morning to drag the laptop out.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Haligaunt
    Haligaunt

Righteo. So that's what it is supposed to look like, eh? So I presume you drag one of those images into the bar, and then an OK shows up to complete the operation?

• Kallak
    Kallak

You have one of two setups depending on if you drag a file onto the bar or click. If you drag, the image uploads without any confirmation, like in this image below I uploaded two images by dragging them one at a time onto the bar.

If I click on the bar however, I get the standard file selection window to choose a file, as seen below. Clicking Open uploads the file without further need for confirmation.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Haligaunt
    Haligaunt

I've checked the method with my older campaign, and I had no issues. Pictures uploaded just fine. It is only Concord of Ashes that is broken. I've deleted all the media files, and started again, with no satisfaction. I submitted a ticket, but given that I didn't get a response the last time, I'm not hopeful.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to move forward from here?

• Bortas
    Bortas

Something in your CSS is blocking it, if you can edit it on some campaigns, but not on a certain one. My guess, anyway.

Try backing up your CSS to notepad, then saving blank CSS, then see if you still have the issue.

-bort

• Haligaunt
    Haligaunt

Thanks, Bortas. I'll give it a go!

• Haligaunt
    Haligaunt

Okey dokey. Thanks, again. That has fixed the problem, although it has undone a number of customisations. I'm happy to pay that price.

My CSS skills are extremely rusty. Is there a cheatsheet anywhere that you guys would recommend for making simple aesthetic changes like changing hyperlink colours, and removing the character list from the front page? I remember there used to be one, somewhere...

• cgregory
    cgregory

To remove the character list from the front page.

.sidebar-party-members.module {

display: none;

}

To change the hyperlink color.

a {

color: hotpink !important;

}

If you are more specific on the exact location of hyperlinks you want to change the color of then you will not need the !important

I have some tips on my Unlocking the Portal site. It is really more of a reminder for me as to how the site is css is setup.
    Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• weasel0
    weasel0

I've got a notated page on my test campaign also.

• Haligaunt
    Haligaunt

Thanks very much! Very kind of you all to help a brother out.