Creator-Players Needed for New SpecFic RPG

robotech_gm
robotech_gm

Greetings, Fellow Gamers!

One of my greatest loves has been gaming, as in tabletop, paper-and-dice RPGs. It's been a hell of a lot of fun over the past 20+ years now, creating worlds and living in them through fun and interesting characters in various settings.

If you really know me, or have been part of my previous ongoing stories or even convention one-offs, you know I'm all about the story and the characters: that collaborative improvisational narrative that occurs between the GM and the players. It's such a joy for me to not only see a story unfold and take on a life of its on over time, but to see others create their own plot lines that go in various directions.

Using the Cortex Plus system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortex_Plus), I would like to develop a new speculative fiction RPG setting that we would then play. Due to my own logistical limitations (read: life), the format would be two-fold, consisting of a Monday night session via Google Hangouts (text chat and audio; I've found video to be buggy and distracting) and supplemented with an ongoing in-character chat throughout the week as time provides.

I'll also be using Obsidian Portal to manage the development of the setting and the subsequent campaign/story.

As far as the nature and scope of a new setting, this could literally be anything - from established worlds from films or books, to something wholly original - but something we all agree upon. My hope is that with a handful of interested people, we can all create something that we can enjoy and see where our stories take us.

I'm looking for 'applicants' between now and Sunday, August 27th in order to get the creative process going by Monday, September 4th. Sound like something you'd love to do? Send me a message and let me know what you think. I'm happy to address any questions you might have and further discuss our next steps.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to creating! 

Comments

• shapeshade

I would be interested...

Oops, I was supposed to send you a message. Wish I knew how to delete this post...
    Post edited by shapeshade on