Missing Tags

Calion
Calion

If you will look at https://syfaerun.obsidianportal.com/search?tag=Info, you will see that there is no Tag list on the right-hand side. Why is this? And what can I do about it?

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

One of the many things that are broken that they have not fixed.

Just trying to help out.

• Calion
    Calion

Really? This works at https://sydarksun.obsidianportal.com/search?tag=Info. What's the difference?

• Abersade
    Abersade

That's a valid question Calion and for the life of me I haven't been able to figure it out. Here is what my testing tells me:

1. It's not specific to old campaigns

2. It's also not specific to new campaigns

3. It's not specific to your CSS unless it is only breaking a specific tag under very specific circumstances, I was unable to replicate the issue using your CSS.

4. It IS specific to the tag: Info, but only on your campaign site. Here is a link to a different tag on your site and it works there: https://syfaerun.obsidianportal.com/search?tag=guest

Additionally:

You have something odd going on at the very bottom of the Info tag page, it looks like your three tags (Info, Admin, Guest) are being shown there but so far I haven't been able to narrow down why. The only thing I can think of is that the UL Element that is being applied by the first link on your Resources Page (the B in Basic since that letter links to a page that doesn't exist, unlike the... asic in Basic which does point to a valid link) is somehow borking up the code that powers the tag list functionality, as evidenced by an inspection of the elements that make up the page. In the inspection screen, the Admin tag at the bottom (the first of the tags that shouldn't be there to begin with) shows a link that is equal parts the link that the B in Basic links to and straight up HTML/CSS code, resulting in something that Obsidian Portal's backend code has no clue what to do with. If I had to venture a guess that's the problem.

Next Steps:

I'd fix that broken link on your Resources page and see what that does (if anything).

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• cgregory
    cgregory

It cuts off the preview in the middle of open li tag

<li><a href="http://wizards. … </p>

</article>

the open li tag screws up the next section which is the closing of the article list tag. (since it is closing the li tag of the link.

</li>

</ul>

</div>

</div>

<div class='large-4 columns'>

<div id='tag-library'>

<h3 class='underlined'>All Tags</h3>

<div class='tags-container'>

<ul class='no-bullet'>

<li class='underlined'><a href=" search?tag="Admin&quot;">Admin</a><span class="tag-count like-small">(2)</span></li>

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Calion
    Calion

Thanks. I think that's it;  unfortunately, even though I've fixed it, it doesn't look like the tag page has updated. Is there a way to force it to update? How often do the tag pages update? I've noticed that if I create a new page with a certain tag, it doesn't show up in the list of pages with that tag immediately, and frankly all my monsters seem to have vanished.

• Calion
    Calion

…aaand now it's fixed. So I guess the answer is "after I ask a question about it."

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Sorry, for the above- my tags have been broken for literally years, and the ticket has never had any comment outside of the first "we are looking into it".

In fact, there are 38 issues that I have still currently open with OP that have not been addressed....

Just trying to help out.

• Calion
    Calion

Yes, it's deeply sad. Fortunately the site is mostly functional as-is, but there are dozens of little quirks and bugs and missing features that would make things so much better were they fixed.  I wish we fans could somehow buy the site and work on it ourselves, a la Wikipedia…

Post edited by Calion on