Limit players from editing all pages

Norendrr
Norendrr

So I am new to the site, and I was wondering if you can limit what pages players can edit. One of my players informed me that he could edit every single page if he wanted to. Just was wondering if there is any way to limit it, as a free member or acenendent as I will be upgrading soon. 

Thanks!

Comments

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Actually, the ability to edit pages by everyone in the campaign is specifically intentional. Players who contribute to the wiki should be encouraged, not restricted. I *wish* my players would be more active!

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• cgregory
    cgregory

As UTM said it is intentional, but as an ascendant you can prevent editing by using CSS to remove the edit button for non GMs. 

Even if a player edits a page you can reset the page to a older version.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• cgregory
    cgregory

Basically the code is

.campaign-member div.wiki-page-container .icon-edit {

display: none;

}

.campaign-game-master div.wiki-page-container .icon-edit {

display: inline-block;

}

Removes the icon for campaign members then add it back for game masters.

They are among us!

• Calion
    Calion

And if I want to disallow editing on a per-page basis?

• cgregory
    cgregory

I'll have to double check the location of the icon-edit class in relation to some of the identifiers that individually identify pages, but it is unlikely since the edit icon looks to be before both the wiki page title and the tags.

If the edit icon was instead an edit button (and located at the end of the page) like on your main page then it would definitely be possible by using a tag or the title.

I'll let you know when i'm in front of a computer rather than an ipad.

They are among us!

• cgregory
    cgregory

So you can't remove the edit button by page (as far as I can see) but you can remove the save button in the edit screen.

Basically it is similar to the above but you use form[action*="/post/your post name"] your adventure post page with the submit button to hide. And form[action*="/wiki_pages/your wiki page name"] to identify wiki pages.

.campaign-member form[action*="/posts/welcome-to-your-campaign"] .submit-button {display: none;}

.campaign-game-master form[action*="/posts/welcome-to-your-campaign"] .submit-button {display: block;}

.campaign-member form[action*="/wiki_pages/gods"] .submit-button {display: none;}

.campaign-game-master form[action*="/wiki_pages/gods"] .submit-button {display: block;}

If you set up a naming convention for your posts and wikis that are not editable by players you could use the above to identify pages based on those special characters (say GM_) with only one css entry for example action*="GM_" is looking for any page with GM_ in the title.

Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

• Calion
    Calion

Cool. Thanks. You are the OP CSS god.