Access Autosave

Calion
Calion

Using CKEditor, I created a long Adventure Log post. Before I could post it, my computer crashed. "Great!" I thought. "It auto-saves, so I'm fine!" But when I get back to OP and create a new Log post, it does not ask me if I want to recover my auto-save. How can I get my log post back?

Comments

• Calion
    Calion

Nothing? There's no way to do this? crying

• cgregory
    cgregory

Seems to happen automatically when I click edit on the page that was autosaved.

I switched my test campaign over to CkEditor, made a change. Then closed the tab after seeing it had been autosaved. When returned and clicked edit, a popup appeared asking if I wanted to use the autosaved version. then another popup screen appeared and I clicked load auto save.

The changes that I had made were there.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• cgregory
    cgregory

Here are the two pop ups

the second one

They are among us!

• Calion
    Calion

Okay, but I'm talking about a page that was never saved. 

• Calion
    Calion

I'm just hoping that there's some secret cache I can access, or one of these obscure buttons in CKEditor that I can push. Otherwise hours of work on a post that said it was autosaving is gone. 

• cgregory
    cgregory

Exact same thing occurred when it was a brand new adventure log page and wiki page that wasn't saved.  The Auto Save Plugin for the CKEditor automatically saves the content via HTML5 LocalStorage temporarily. So it is possible that your computer's crash wiped out your HTML5 LocalStorage cache. Also, unless they changed the autosave default settings it will only store content for 1 day (1440 minutes). The main reason for web based autosaves are to prevent against session timeouts not computer crashes.

They are among us!

• Calion
    Calion

I tested it; if I close the browser window, the autosave is not retained. 

• cgregory
    cgregory

Then it could be a problem with how you have your browser setup or possibly the browser that you use.

6 hours 50 minutes later including a computer reboot. I get an auto-saved message.

Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

• Calion
    Calion

Well isn't that frustrating. Thanks.