Multiple Groups within single campaign with viewing permissions

Vishera
Vishera

I thought this idea would be great. Basically I have a custom campaign setting and multiple groups running different adventures within this campaign. It would be great to allow everyone to use the same resource rather than have to make an entirely new "campaign" per group. 

It would be nice to be able to include everyone into the single campaign, but flag each member - so like Group 1, Group 2, Group 3.

If I put up some information about an NPC, or a page on the wiki etc, I may only want group 1 to be able to see this, and not group 2. Basically adding viewing "permissions" to each group. 

With this implemented You can have 1 campaign and run different groups within that 1 campaign.

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

You can already do that by using player secrets, you place the common info in the area with no secrets, and add player secrets with permissions by the players in a specific group. Remember that a player secret can include multiple players, so in your case an entire group.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

@cgregory is correct. Player secrets will let you do exactly what you're describing. However, you have to sign up for an Ascendant account to have access to this feature.

In my opinion, it's absolutely worth it. This exact feature was specifically what convinced me to upgrade two years ago. I haven't regretted it at all.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

I agree with UTM, Player Secrets sold Ascendant for me, anything else was just a bonus at that point (many of which I have made use of).

-Red

Campaigns: Dragon Age: Requiem

• Vishera
    Vishera

How have I not noticed this was a thing?!?!? I need to check it out. 

• drewsph_dunn
    drewsph_dunn

However, it would be great to set up Calendar Events for specific players (or a specific number of players).  Right now if I post a game session over a dozen players are trying to find a seat at the table; and that many people won't physically fit in my house!