Gen Con 2017

alex_redeye
alex_redeye

I know it is still a little ways out, but I was curious if any of the folks around these parts were planning on being in attendance.  I'll be present, working pretty well most of the time, and it would be cool to say hello to some of the folks from here if they are around.

Anywho, most of my time I'll either be running some games or working at the Hunters Books booth in the Exhibit Hall.  I can post my official schedule if people want when I know the whole of it, in case people wanted to be able to meet up.

-Red

Campaigns: Dragon Age: Requiem

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

I might be there, but I'm not entirely sure yet. Depends on when next semester starts and what my budget looks like when we get a tad closer to the actual days.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

Well, keep me posted for sure and if you do happen to be there we can try and connect at some point.  At this point I know when all of my games are going to be, but I still have to figure out what hours I'll be working in the Exhibit Hall.

-Red

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Unfortunately will not be there this year.

Just trying to help out.

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

Dang, well, if you get a chance in coming years I should be going pretty regularly at this point I wager.

-Red

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

So, for anyone who will be in attendance that is interested in meeting up with me I can let you know my schedule now officially (pretty certain nothing on this will change here moving forward):

• Booth

• Thursday: 10am - 6pm

• Friday: 10am - 12pm

• Saturday: 12pm - 2pm

• Games (GM)

• Thursday: 8pm - 12am

• Friday: 2pm - 6pm, 8pm - 12am

• Saturday: 2pm - 6pm

• Sunday: 12pm - 4pm

When I am at the booth you are more than welcome to pop on by and say hello if you like.  I'll be working, of course, so won't be able to do anything too special.  When I am running games, obviously, unless you have a ticket for the session I won't really be available during those times at all.

Outside of these times I am mostly available, with a sprinkling of obligations dropped in here and there.  I didn't include those facets here because they are much more subject to change than anything above.  Generally speaking I am pretty down to hang out for a bit, play a game, or what have you in my free time (though I will also be checking out the convention itself some too).

Anyways, hopefully I'll see some folks there.

-Red

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I really need to start putting money away weekly to go to GenCon one of these years!

Enjoy yourself and stay safe!

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

You really should, @Johnprime - it is a great time from my experience.

-Red

• Maesenko
    Maesenko

Regrettably, I won't be in attendance this year (GENCON 50 OF ALL YEARS NOT TO GO!!!).  I'm moving to the other side of the planet in a month to start a new career.  It's also the reason I've been mostly absent from the Portal for so long; I've been dealing with this since last winter.

Still, I'm hoping one of my local friends can still get in some shopping for me.  I've got to get at least a few items from the big 5-0, you know?

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Good luck with the move Maesenko!

Just trying to help out.

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

Well if you need it @Maesenko I will be there, so if your friend can't help out just let me know and we can try to work something out.  Would be happy to have your back.

-Red

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

Just 32 days away now, hope some folks around here got tickets before things started selling out (it feels weird saying that about Gen Con).  Going to be an absolutely insane time to be sure.

-Red

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

Gonna be leaving in roughly 6 hours for Indy at this point, should be pretty insane since they actually sold out this year!  Have everything pretty well in line, and the things I don't the rest of my team does so it should be smooth sailing (as it were).

Again, if anyone from OP land is going to be there feel free to drop in and pay me a visit.  Booth #1929/2029 (the row with the rest of the Studio2 folks) is where Hunters Books will be, and as I noted above I will be in the booth all day Thursday, Friday morning, and Saturday afternoon for a bit.  All the games I'm running are currently sold out, but I might be convinced to let someone jump in past the limit on some of them (and my Pandemic Play Part 3 event still has some seats left actually).

For anyone not able to make it this year, maybe next year we can try to connect!

-Red

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Hey alex_redeye, sounds like you will have a great time! Enjoy yourself and stay safe!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life