Alien: Covenant (Possible Spoilers Ahead!)

UselessTriviaMan
UselessTriviaMan

Anybody else seen it yet? I dragged some friends to the theater Friday night (since the game was canceled for R/L family reasons).

I won't spoiler anything. Yet.

I mostly enjoyed it; there were some good moments and great scenes. But my friends gave it a thumbs down, and after hearing their criticisms I have to agree that on reflection it wasn't a great flick. Better than Prometheus, yes, and way better than anything else after Aliens.

So I'd rank Covenant as my #3 Alien film, but it's a very distant third place behind the first two movies.

Thoughts?

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

My ranking may be similar, UTM.  

My very short review is HERE.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

While I enjoyed the movie, it was not the scared s41tl3ss event that Ridley Scott said it would be. I agree it was better than quite a few of the other movies in the franchise. Really, none of the 'surprises' that occurred during the film I had already figured out when they happened.

But that said, I did enjoy the movie, course I had no expectations going into the film!

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I thought most of the "surprises" were too telegraphed and predictable. Dammit.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith