Don't scare me like that...

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Using Firefox
    Post edited by GamingMegaverse on

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

My "Les Compagnons d'Ailleurs" shows as APRIL.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Expect delays on CotM May (due to OP Site being offline this weekend).

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Remember, if you want to nominate a campaign for Campaign of the Month, please post your nomination in Nominate CotM HERE by the 20th of each month for it to be considered in the following month.  Don't be scared to re-nominate.  We do carry over overlooked campaigns for some time, but there is always the chance that some get dropped down the list and fade into obscurity, especially if they are on hiatus or seem no longer to be active.

So if you think any campaigns are particularly good, well written, artistic, innovative or worthy of attention in any way, do not be afraid to mention them here.

Post edited by twiggyleaf on

Inner Council Member

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hello again forums,

Regrettably, the Committee has still not heard back from GM @Evrat regarding the interview for last month's winning campaign. As such, there is presently no post for it on the blog, and there will be a gap in the string of interviews. If we should finally get a response and a completed interview, we will be sure to get that to you all immediately.

That said, time marches on, and May's winner is here. So please join me in congratulating GM mistaya and the players of Dresden Files: Nawlins for winning May 2017's Campaign of the Month!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations mistaya and team and thanks for the interview.  I have also revisited your site's comments page.  "never stop never stopping!"

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

For anyone who wishes to nominate  a campaign for Campaign of the Month JUNE, please go to Nominate COTM Here and leave your submission by 20 May 2017.  smiley

Inner Council Member

• mistaya
    mistaya

Just wanted to say thank you for the award, and add that due to the interest we've started working on a free-to-read version of the game which is now linked on the front page.  So if anyone was curious, they can definitely check it out!

• Kallak
    Kallak

Awesome!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I seem to have lost all my post editing symbols apart from this particular post. Can anyone remember what the fix/workaround for this is.

Inner Council Member

• DerkG
    DerkG

Belated congrats to Mistaya - I really like what you did with the artwork and style for that campaign!

GM: https://knights-of-the-realm-1.obsidianportal.com/ - a Greater Pendragon Campaign

GM: https://sagaofthenorth..obsidianportal.com/ - a Dungeon World Campaign

Player/Scribe: https://thepriceofimmortality.obsidianportal.com/ - a Pathfinder Campaign

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

So, June 9th, any news on CotM?  CotY from last year?  I know that the volunteer council is doing the best they can, but wondering if it is time to throw in the towel- sadly.....

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I believe there will be a CotY blog out by the end of the weekend, KVP.

It is true that we are having to do a lot ourselves, but we're keeping hold of that towel.....

smiley

Inner Council Member

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Always, ALWAYS have your towel.

Thank you to all on the council for your work and your commitment to this community.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Kallak
    Kallak

I have to give my apology here for the delay in stuff coming out this month, as I was waiting on support to fix me without making it "public knowledge" but apparently it's taking too long, so here goes:

At present I am unable to log into the blog to post. My password (which is a giant garble mess that was auto generated - and apparently the only way it lets you do passwords) has been saved in my browser and in a notepad file since it was given to me way back when. 

When I went to log in to post June CotM and prep the weekend release of the CotY post, it told me that my password was wrong, despite my having tried both the broswer-saved entry and my from-the-notepad-file copy/paste. I went through the forgot password process and was told it would send me an email with a link and instructions and so forth, but that never came.

I've had an email in with support since Friday,  and so far no response. I am hoping it was just that no one was "at the office" over the weekend.

At any rate, blog posts and such will resume as soon as this gets resolved.

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Kallak
    Kallak

Hey all, the wait is finally over! The issue I was having has been resolved and the blog post for June's Campaign of the Month is now live. A very big congratulations to this month's winner, The Forsite Irregulars. Hats off to TheOldSchoolDM and all of the players of this awesome campaign. Hopefully they'll forgive me for being so late on their post going up (sorry!).

- - -

In other news, the blog post and voting for CotY 2015-2016 will be going up THIS week, so get yourself geared up for that! It's obviously absurdly late in coming (again sorry), but we're also taking the opportunity to make up for the 2015 lapse. Long story short (for any who don't know) there was only one CotM for 2015 (prior to things dropping off for a while), so we've added that campaign to the voting for 2016 since it never got to be featured in a CotY vote.

Full details and the complete list of nominees will be posted either Wednesday or Thursday, so be on the lookout. The committee would like to thank everyone for their patience on this issue, and wish everyone here at OP the best.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Bortas
    Bortas

I love the pics of the gaming table, makes me way jealous. Congrats crew!

-bort

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Congratulations!  I agree with Bortas- table makes me jealous!

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I also agree.  I have been a fan of Forsite Irregulars for some time, so am exceedingly glad to see it win Campaign of the Month.  Well done, all of you, and.......awesome miniatures, Dudes!

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Remember Folks, if you wish to nominate a campaign to win the title, go to "Nominate COTM Here" and make your nomination by the 20th of each month!

Inner Council Member

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I agree, congratz on a great campaign site Old School DM. We move in quite a few of the same circles, so I've been aware of the great looking terrain you use and it inspires me to work on better terrain for my own games!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• DerkG
    DerkG

Looking very nice indeed!

GM: https://knights-of-the-realm-1.obsidianportal.com/ - a Greater Pendragon Campaign

GM: https://sagaofthenorth..obsidianportal.com/ - a Dungeon World Campaign

Player/Scribe: https://thepriceofimmortality.obsidianportal.com/ - a Pathfinder Campaign

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Remember to vote for Campaign of the Year 2016.   If you have not already done so, go to the Blog HERE to cast your vote.

yes

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Sorry about the DEAD LINK above.   We are trying to get the notice of OPSupport to fix this.  In the meantime, if you have not voted already, you can do so by following the link below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G9N2R9H

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

The link is now fixed.  Go to THE BLOG by 8 July 2017 to cast your vote!

smiley

Inner Council Member

• Kallak
    Kallak

Just to make sure no one missed it in the other thread:

The official results for the 2016 Obsidian Portal Campaign of the Year vote are in! To find out where everyone placed and who took the top spot, see our Campaign of the Year Announcement Post on the blog. Some very big congratulations are in order, so stop on by and leave your well-wishes.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations to UselessTriviaMan and his team for winning Campaign of the Year 2016.

Thumbs up to all entrants and many thanks to all who voted!

Inner Council Member

• Kallak
    Kallak

Campaign of the Year has obviously put us behind schedule getting this month's featured campaign on the blog, but no longer! Come on over and read our Campaign of the Month interview with barrelv for this month's winner, The Miskatonic Society.

Congratulations all around!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations barrelv and team!

Great interview that explains a lot about what your very evocative site is all about.  I have also added a comment with further notes in your comments page.

For all others:

Remember to add any nominations you wish to be considered for the next Campaign of the Month. All nominations entered in the NOMINATE COTM HERE page by 20 July 2017 will be considered.

Inner Council Member