Obsidian Portal Badge Renewal Initiative

2»

Comments

• NikMak
    NikMak
    be careful Twigs; you will need some sturdy gloves, and several muzzles... probably some chain mail reinforced boots of some sort would be a good idea. I understand earth worms are their preferred food as well.
    Post edited by NikMak on
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Sounds scary, Nix!

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Basileus
    Basileus
    I heard some of them don't care. Like at all... About anything!

Those are the ones that eat venomous snakes.
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    In light of the thread "DST Adoption Drive":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4169&page=1 I suggest a badge for creating/owning a DST.

Oh, and to throw in my two coppers, if we're going to do badge levels/colors, I would like us to stick to Bronze, Silver, Gold, maybe Platinum.
    This site is for tabletop-style RPGs, not MMORPGs.

As Always,
    _~Mae_

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• NikMak
    NikMak
    Basileus said

"I heard some of them don’t care. Like at all… About anything!

Those are the ones that eat venomous snakes."

:D
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    God, they are terrifying, aren't they? Some excerpts from the wiki article on them:

bq. "They have been known to savagely and fearlessly attack almost any kind of animal when escape is impossible, reportedly even repelling much larger predators such as lions. [...] If horses, cattle, or Cape buffalos intrude upon a burrow, it will attack them. They are virtually tireless in combat and can wear out much larger animals in physical confrontations. [...] have even been known to chase away young lions and take their kills [...] They kill and eat snakes, even highly venomous or large ones, such as cobras. They have been known to dig up human corpses in India. [...] The skin is also tough enough to resist several machete blows. The only sure way of killing them quickly is through a blow to the skull with a club or a shot to the head with a gun, as their skin is almost impervious to arrows and spears."

Even we sentient space arachnids live in fear of them!
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    my employers are giant space arachnids, not sure if they are sentient or not...
  • NikMak
    NikMak
    I sometimes wonder if my employers are sentient or not as well... but at least i dont need chain mail reinforced boots so i guess Im doing OK ;)
  • Keryth987
    Keryth987
    I much prefer working for the Nebari and Draenei and Twi'leks and Chiss.

How very Civil Warish of me :)

Keelah Se'lai,
    Keryth
    "Shadows Over New York":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shadows-over-new-york
    "2013 Campaign of The Year":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/2013-coty-shadows-over-new-york/
    "Campaign of the Month July 2013":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/shadows-over-new-york-julys-campaign-of-the-month/

• andreww38
    andreww38
    Twi'leks....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    I too find grilled lekku delicious!
  • andreww38
    andreww38
    FYI, I spoke to twiggy about how we can revamp/renew the badge system, and more hands will help move the project along faster.

If you're keen to help out, drop "twiggyleaf":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/account.php?u=22935 a PM and help shape the badge system.

At the point, I think it'd be good to have more differentiation, bronze, silver, gold and....prismatic(?) to differentiate the various grades of achievement, cos green is a little WoW-uncommon. (yesh, yesh, MMOish creeping in here).

Once twiggy and his team have worked out more achievements (I mentioned planning for 20-30 badges would be good, including ones for DST work, most helpful person in the forums, might be good ones), we'll get a graphic designer on board to pretty-fy up the badges, then code them into the system.
    Post edited by andreww38 on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Twiggyleaf is a great choice.

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Hi All

Update: The Inner Council is presently looking at a proposal for between 20 and 30 badge categories. Presently the trend is toward ascending merit orders of bronze, silver, gold and prismatic (?). The first decisions on this selection have been made after careful reading of this very thread. The next step will be to open this discussion to a working party that will consist of any who have volunteered to help. At this stage actual artwork and details on how each award is implemented have not yet been decided upon.

More to follow.

twigs

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Seems like a whole lot of badges, and 4 levels?? Seems like a lot.

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Still under review. Could be you are right and a little trimming is required.
    Badges Working Group will be looking into this over the next two or three weeks.

twigs

Inner Council Member

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    So, has there been any progress on this front?
  • killervp2
    killervp2
    Why care any longer- all they do is break things.
  • weasel0
    weasel0
    That's not true. They also actively ignore the customer base saying things.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Masesenko and others

The Badgers are sorting out the set. By that I mean that the team has had quite a bit of discussion and will soon have designated categories finalised. Sorry if this has seemed like a long time (and there has been an onforeseen delay) but even with categorisation there has been a lot to discuss. We are hoping to have categorisation finalised in the next few weeks and start discussing things like badge design and implementation. I will definitely keep you all informed.

twigs
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Suggestions have now been handed over to Tech Team, who will look at methods of implementation and report back to "BADGERS" before continuing. This is, however, lower down on a list of site priorities, so please all be patient. In the meantime, with new badge design would obviously come new artwork, so I guess this would be as good a time as any for anyone to leave their name if they might be interested in the graphic art side of things as we move forward some time in the future....
    If so, please leave your USERNAME below and we can contact you when it is appropriate.

twigs
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Whatever happened to the badges?

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

It was downgraded as a priority.  

Inner Council Member