Login Issue

Johnprime
Johnprime

There might be another bug and I'm running this by the rest of the community to see if it is happening to anyone else. When I log into OP, I get a jQuery error response to my screen instead of the actual page I was logging into. While I have successfully logged in, it doesn't actually send me to the proper page. If I go to the page a second time the page will load.

Has this happened to anyone else? Below is a copy of the error with my specific information removed. I'm asking this because I don't want to put an extra support ticket if someone has already reported it. This is only a recent, say within the last 2 weeks to a month, that this has been happening.

jQueryANumber({"uniqueid":ANumber,"name":"MyUserName","username":" MyUserName","email":"MyEmail","photourl":"https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/images/1416586/disney2_thumb_48.jpg","clientid":"MyClientID","signature":"ANumber";});jQueryANumber({"uniqueid":ANumber,"name":"MyUserName","username":" MyUserName","email":"MyEmail","photourl":"https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/images/1416586/disney2_thumb_48.jpg","clientid":"MyClientID","signature":"ANumber";});

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

Comments

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Not got anything like that. ONly Jquery i get is in regards to changing an avatar pic

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Not having that issue at all- what browser are you using?

Just trying to help out.

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Firefox abu_is_evil. Haven't tried it on anything else yet. Yeah, I know the latest release of Firefox has a bunch of issues and that might actually be part of the cause. I probably should go ahead and see if I can replicate it on IE and Chrome before I put in a support ticket. Course, posting this thread and seeing both yours and Keryth987's responses helped me come to that conclusion! laugh

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• ketherian
    ketherian

I get a very similar effect in Firefox 47.0.2

Occasionally (like today) I get it from Chrome 57.0.2987.133

Ages ago, I entered a ticket for it.

It did go away for a while, and now seems to come back intermittantly.

• Brandonshire
    Brandonshire

I can't seem to sign in using my google account. I can sign in with Twitter, but not Google. This is a problem because my GM (and Ascendant) account is tied to my google login... Whenever I try it I just get punted right back to the "Create your campaign" page. I click on "I already have an account" Pick Google login and... get punted right back to the "Creat your campaign" page.

I'm using Chrome (version 57.0.2987.133) on Windows 10. I'll try another browser shortly and see what happens.

• JaydeMoon
    JaydeMoon

This is happening to me as well.

• Galero
    Galero

I have three of my players reporting the same issue as Brandonshire trying to login. 

• Krothos
    Krothos

I am also having issues logging into my account using Google. This is both on my desktop (IE 11) and my laptop (Chrome). I hope they fix this soon. Thanks.

• DustinLappert
    DustinLappert

Same issue here...

As a work-around I had to do the following

1. Click on "I already have an account"

2. Click on "I signed up with a username"

3. Login here with Social Account Credentials (You might have to reset your password)

I had to reset my password, login, and press the back button then refresh the page after getting a jQuery error.  Just an fyi for anyone trying to get in before they fix the issue.

• Brandonshire
    Brandonshire

While I was at home last ngiht I tried in Safari as well. Same basic proble, except I got as far as being able to pick which google account I wanted to log into before it spit me back to the "Create your campaign" page.

• JoeSchmoe1

Can't login via Google+ either. angry

Had to create a new userid with a different email address to get in here. Had my co-dm invite me to the site but apparently he can't increase my new account to DM status.

Opened tickets with support

• thelionkingfischer
    thelionkingfischer

Having same problem, exactly as described by Brandonshire, for some reason I am logged in on the forums under my account, but when I go to my campaign I am logged out and cant get in.

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

Hi,

Facebook logins are working now.

Unfortunately we are having problems with G+ logins currently. We should be able to fix in the next few days.

Until then, you can create a ticket and I will provide you with a workaround.

Alan

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

How about saving people some time and posting a workaround here?

Just trying to help out.

• Brandonshire
    Brandonshire

Seems to be working this morning suddenly.

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998

I am able to get in also. (BTW Abu, the posting of the workaround was for them to create a new id and password linked to your original account. That's why they couldn't post it here).

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

That makes sense- thanks joeschmo

Just trying to help out.

• Mike_Owen
    Mike_Owen

Ref: Original Post by 'JoeSchmoe1' above

The support staff made me up a OP account to use when I logged in until they sorted out the Google+ thing.

Well, it appears that they sorted out the Google+ thing, but now there is this "Share" notice, asking for access to things I don't want to share.

Guess my Google+ log in will never work now, because when I deny the share thing, it bounces me back to the log in page.

Thanks, social media intrusiveness!

Post edited by Mike_Owen on
  • OPSupport
    OPSupport

As you already noticed, we have solved all login issues.

The site will not post anything to your account, however the "Share" agreement is needed for the login process.

• Mike_Owen
    Mike_Owen

OPSupport,

Why is there a "Share" agreement at all?  For logging into your site using Google, why do you need to share anything?  What exactly are you sharing, and how intrusive is this "Share"?  If it is only a user API, you don't need to "Share" anything but a validation of the user with Google.  I suspect the "Share" extends way beyond that, and that Google harvests much more information than you need to allow for a simple log in.

Anyway, I am not interested in "Sharing" everything I do with Google. They get far too much with Google searches, and stripping my gmail as it runs through their system.  They are not getting everything.  I must have been delusional, thinking using a Google sign-in would not end up going this way.

Thanks for the effort, nonetheless.  Too bad Google is so greedy with gathering information.