Whatcha working on?

Comments

• elfingirl
    elfingirl

Can I just say that I am so envious of your dungeon stuffs, I usually play on line so I don't have the chance to actually have the full miniature experience, and that is just fab!!!

• cgregory
    cgregory

Ever since seeing @Jim_Mount 's cool COTM graphic/link was trying to figure out what type of graphic I wanted for my COTM. I just couldn't find anything that I liked. Then I thought what about a crop circle graphic, that says aliens.  So I set about catching the aliens in the act of creating a crop circle announcing my COTM.  I now have definitive proof that aliens create crop circles.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Cool COTM graphic cgregory!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Holy CRAP that is cool, cgregory! Nicely done!

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

Hey thanks for the compliment and shoutout, C-greg, yours looks friggin awesome! As for mine, it's kind of a proud nail  ... I am practicing GIF animation to get the words to animate and rise off the page, which is a sorta in-house campaign trope I have whenever magic documents get found, inspired by some movies I saw awhile back about some Marty-Sue-ish kid wizard. Can't recall what they were called.

• cgregory
    cgregory

I'm testing out some ideas about getting an RSS feed working for my campaign. Right now I am seeing if I can get more than the 7 items listed in the current stream to show up. I should know in about 6 hours whether it works. My solution only polls every 6 hours, so it is possible if more than 7 updates happen in 6 hours it will miss some of the updates.

The initial polling captured the 7 items as you can see.

X-Com RSS Feed

It all depends on whether the polling overwrites the initial data or appends to it. Here is hoping for appends.

Looks like it overwrites rather than appending to 20 items. oh well
    Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Since my wife's out of town on a business trip, I'm getting myself into trouble.

And by trouble, I mean I'm busily constructing a 3D set piece battlemap for the upcoming Friday night game session. :-D

They're almost 100% certain that they're taking on the Ratmen nest, because they don't want to have to pay those gouging little #$%*ers' extortionary "tolls" any more.

I (mostly) knew what their Dungeon section would hold, but I had a GMing epiphany while prepping a couple of days ago and started digging through my leftover home improvement supplies. A cut-up sheet of 1/2" poly foam insulation, a couple of rolls of Gaming Paper, and some brown spray paint primer is all it took. I have to finish assembling, gluing and spray painting, but the remainder won't take too long at this point, and I didn't even have to buy anything to do it.

They're gonna crap eggrolls. devil

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

You gonna give us pictures Useless TriviaMan?

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Of course, but not until after the session!

I don't THINK any of my players read the forums, but just in case...

• Bortas
    Bortas

Awesome! I love making terrain set pieces for that pivotal moment!

-bort

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I just realized I hadn't posted the pictures!

The beginning:

And so it begins...

Unfortunately we started this fight late in the session, so we took lots of pictures and are preparing to continue the Epic Rat Battle next Friday!

1 of 4

2 of 4

2 of 4

4 of 4

Epic Rat Battles of History!

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

We finally had our first session for our new Emerald City: Requiem Dresden Files Accelerated campaign.  I have been doing a ton of work reconciling the old Emerald City campaign with the new one.  DFA is a sweet system and I really think it has galvanized our new campaign.

Post edited by HumAnnoyd on

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

So lately I've been reading through Omegabase's Gamma World 2754 campaign adventure logs and it's inspired me to really want to run a Gamma World campaign! Always liked the post apocalypse world, whether it's nuclear holocaust, zombie apocalypse or any other number of end of the world, survivors trying to rebuild scenarios.

So while I need to plan for another campaign like I need a hole in my head! That's what I'm working on at the moment!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Well, Season 3 of Shadows Over New York continues...for a little while. The campaign is nearing its conclusion, and as such, I've begun working on ym character for my groups upcoming Star Wars Saga campaign, as well as putting in some work on my new campaign idea, Phoenix Rising.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Mysteria on Hiatus - work to be done for Southlands2.2 in the summer sometime.

In the meantime, I am running a game for my nephews today and have a bit of prep to do.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

@Ptolus- awesome pics, thanks for sharing!

@humannoyd- I really need to catch up with your work- sorry have not been able to.

@johnprime- I feel your pain- have tried new game systems just because of cool campaigns I have found here.

@Keryth- Do you have a closing date?  We are finishing Rebuilt live in Las Vegas in October, with 2 possible clean up sessions- more than 6 1/2 years at that point.

@Twiggyleaf- Missing your campaigns every time they go on hiatus.

Just trying to help out.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Well, Abu/KillerVP...I expect perhaps 4-5 more sessions for the current episode and then at most, another 6-7 sessions for the final episode...so 10-12 weeks it looks like.

Then the gorup moves on to star Wars for a while, then something else after that, perhaps even the first Shadows campaign I get to PLAY in as one of our players/GMs (Played Jane Louise Blue in seasons 1, Vladamir Szurke in season 2, and Noonien SIngh in Season 3) has been discussing the possibility of running a Shadows campaign.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

I hope you get a break Keryth!  I am becoming a player when Rebuilt wraps up in November this year.  After 6 plus years I am looking forward to it

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Keryth987 and KillerVP

I hope you enjoy doing the playing for a while.  I really admire you both constantly running games for such a long time.  I used to do that in my group of over 20 years ago, but now in my current group, I am always glad for the breaks that I get due to two other players keen to GM their own campaigns. 

Inner Council Member

• DerkG
    DerkG

Finally edited the session journals for our last two sessions - with another session coming up on Wednesday I didn't want to lag any further behind....

https://knights-of-the-realm-1.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log/487-ad-easter-court-and-a-ride-north-to-lindsey-and-malahaut

https://knights-of-the-realm-1.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log/487-ad-of-brides-and-brides-to-be

That also just took us over 20 sessions, we're getting somewhere! :)

GM: https://knights-of-the-realm-1.obsidianportal.com/ - a Greater Pendragon Campaign

GM: https://sagaofthenorth..obsidianportal.com/ - a Dungeon World Campaign

Player/Scribe: https://thepriceofimmortality.obsidianportal.com/ - a Pathfinder Campaign

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

So, this Saturday I am putting on a blonde Bowie wig and running a session or 3 of Labyrinth with me as Jareth the Goblin king- check us out live on  Twitch if you can

Just trying to help out.

• Abersade
    Abersade

Ha! That's awesome KillerVP.

I'm still running Rise of the Durnskald with a session most Wednesday nights (120th session is tonight!). On top of that I've started another campaign for a few of my friends who are newer to the hobby, it's called Core - The Ashes of Alcarna, that one runs most Tuesday nights, we're 12 sessions in so far. The plot is much... tamer?

Well, for now anyways. Muwhahahaha!

Post edited by Abersade on

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

So our local gaming convention just happened, and that's now out of the way. (I'm a staff member, and I ran events in four out of the five time slots.) It was a fantastic weekend, attendance jumped up by a hundred people over last year (from 240 to 340!) and my son got to play in the Grindhouse Arena for the first time ever.

But the guy who's been stellar as our convention's social media manager for the last two years is moving away, and he asked if I'd be willing to take over the job. I couldn't say no, so this morning I'm googling "how to use social media to promote an annual event".

• ketherian
    ketherian

Hi Useless TriviaMan, congradulations on the promotion.

Speaking from years of convention-going, a live and active social media following must be curated with regular and interesting posts. This is a task that I am not very good at, but am fortunate in that I have friends and co-volunteers that fill the post far better than I. If you have specific questions, PM me, maybe I can help.

I've helped out at several conventions (RPG/SF-F/Multimedia/Comicon/Anime) over the years.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Thanks ketherian. I spent some time reading up on it, talked to several experienced people, and typed up a rough draft strategy plan for next year's convention. I'll discuss it with the crew at the next meeting.

And now, I'm prepping for tomorrow night's next installment of Ptolus. What's gonna be the fallout from the Great Rat Fight? *Muahahahaha...*

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Be warned- the Goblin King still lives!  Part 2 come on 5/20/17 at 6pm Pacific, 9 Eastern.

Post edited by GamingMegaverse on

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

LOL!  Great photo!

Inner Council Member

• DM_Mike
    DM_Mike

I didn't realize the Goblin King was a blonde!! 

DM_Mike

https://thegaeleanchronicles.obsidianportal.com/

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Couldn't find a good enough dirty blonde wig to replace my old Jareth wig, which someone else unfortunately ruined.

Just trying to help out.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Added a bit more content to the Unlocking The Portal site. Some stuff on Campaign Navigation bars, User Permission Tricks, the commonly asked Character Sheet CSS fix, and getting Embedded Videos to work.

https://unlockingtheportal.obsidianportal.com/

They are among us!