Twilight of the North: Fate Core in Middle-earth (Looking for player)

Basileus
Basileus

We have room for one more in our new game starting in our Friday night gaming group. We play live online via Roll20, every other Friday, at 7:30 Central (though we're flexible on timing and this could change). Our planning session/"session 0" for this game is next week, Friday, January 20th.

OP campaign: https://twilight-of-the-north.obsidianportal.com/

Only requirements are that you be friendly, communicate well, and enjoy storytelling.

As mentioned, we haven't even created characters yet, but from what I've heard so far we'll likely have two dwarves, a rangerly Man, and an elf, so another human character would bring good balance to the group. Not picky on this point though.

Comments

• Lekkric

Hi, if you're still looking I'd love to join the game. I've never actually played the system you're using but I'm a quick learner. As for Middle Earth knowledge, well, the fact that I married a woman named Arwen should tell you about the in-laws and how they indoctrinated me into a Tolkien fan wink. They actually got me into roleplaying with MERP over 15 years ago.

Please get back to me if you have a spot free.

Lekkric

• Basileus
    Basileus

Hey Lekkric,

Will send you a PM shortly! :)

• Basileus
    Basileus

Our next session is this coming Friday (two days from now) and we still have room for one more as one player had to withdraw.

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Wish I could....

Just trying to help out.

• Basileus
    Basileus

Abuuuuuuuuu! I'll look to your coming at first light on the fifth day... or midnight, more precisely. :P

• multicolorlove
    multicolorlove

Hi I maybe interested in joining. What mannish races are available please? I was considering a mage character. thanks. -Harold

• CrippleX

Hello,

Do you guys still have room? I'd love to play if possible. FATE is my favorite system, I have a ton of experience with it, and I would love a chance to play in Middle-Earth. Please let me know. Thank you!

• Basileus
    Basileus

I'll send you both invites, so you can access the forum discussion and calendar events. Note to all: this probably fills our roster for the time being.

Generally, any race/culture that existed in the mid-Third Age (TA 1409) in Eriador, although if you wanted to play something more exotic (Southron or Easterling of some kind...) I'd have no problem as long as you had a reasonable background to justify how the character ended up in Eriador. Dunedain and Northmen (precursors to the Rohirrim) are probably the most common/easy to bring in. For more options/details, see the page on "Men":https://twilight-of-the-north.obsidianportal.com/wikis/men

Mage should be fine - as always with Middle-earth and magic, the trick is how you flavor the magic to make it fit in the world.

Post edited by Basileus on
  • abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

When is your next game Basilieus?

Just trying to help out.

• Basileus
    Basileus

Our new cadence is 10th, 24th, 7th, etc... but half the group couldn't make tonight, so probably the 24th.

• Basileus
    Basileus

We do, however, have some fantastic adventure logs up! 

https://twilight-of-the-north.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log

• Tang_the_Cat
    Tang_the_Cat

Oh man is this still a thing? I would love to play!!

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

It is still a thing- pm the GM Basileus directly.

Just trying to help out.

• Tang_the_Cat
    Tang_the_Cat

PM sent thank you Mr. Abu!!

• Basileus
    Basileus

Hi Tang,

I just replied to your PM - sorry for the late reply, it looks like the forum PM system is separate from the main Obsidian Portal PM system, so I didn't see it until tonight.

We're looking for one or two more players to fill out the group. We've had some trouble with not having a playable group when folks have to miss a night for whatever reason, so we haven't gotten too far into the story.

We're currently at the "Fall of Amon Sul", with the Witch-King's forces moving against the Weather Hills, and the player group arriving with the assault on the watchtower underway.

Our next session will be May 19th.

Post edited by Basileus on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

I can say that Basileus runs great games, and I encourage anyone that has a Friday night gaming itch to try this out!

Just trying to help out.

• Basileus
    Basileus

Starting up a new project, so just putting a notice here that we won't be looking for any additional players.