Character Pages Messed Up

Keryth987
Keryth987

OK. I've not touched these in a while and everything was fine. However I go to update the chartacter sin SHadows and suddenly the Banner is HUGE and the width of the pages is off

See HERE

Now as I said, not changed ANYTHING. Im pretty sure it has to do with the banner being bigger than anywhere else on the site. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I wonder if they have been doing some work on the CSS and broke it! That could explain the break of the embeds, Youtube, etc. and the issues you are having with your character pages.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any suggestions on how to fix it. Especially if it is a change they have made to the site CSS. Reason being, if they have broken something and you make a change to your site's custom CSS, when they fix whatever is broken, that might have an adverse effect on what you have now changed!

If you do make some changes, I'd back up your custom CSS first and then keep it someplace safe, so that if this is a break of the overall site CSS that they then fix, you could get your older custom CSS back by just pasting the backed up version back into your site.

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Bortas
    Bortas

You are right, and others are seeing the same problem: https://forums.obsidianportal.com/discussion/4605/character-pages-formatting-mistake#latest

-bort 

Post edited by Bortas on
  • ketherian
    ketherian

Johnprime might be on to something.

The CSS relating to the banner-header seems the same on both pages; and it should be rendering the 900+px wide graphic the same on both pages. The same can be said for your left-indent; it appears the same on both a general wiki page and your character-show page.

I tried playing with the size (and padding) of your banner. The padding information I entered was ignored, implying it's been overridden somewhere (but I couldn't find where). Resizing your banner (in px instead of %) just cropped it; and didn't change the overall left-indent of your page.

No luck here. Maybe someone else will have more luck.

As an aside, my site(s) have way less custom formatting, and I'm not seeing a similar problem. I went in and mucked about with the text of an existing character and created a new one (http://swtwc.obsidianportal.com/characters/testydetest).

Is anyone else with a highly customized character page having the same problem?

• cgregory
    cgregory

Just throw in the following css code

body.character-show #content {max-width: 1024px;}

I think that's the width you have for the rest of your site. It should fix everything on your character page. 

Edit

Basically there is an inline piece of code (looks like it is the second line of code) on the character page under the content div that is causing the issue.

.campaign-public-layout #content {
    max-width: inherit;
    }
    Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

This problem came up before, and the interim help guy insisted it wasn't on their end, until we showed them examples.

Been using cgregory's fix since then I believe, cause they never mentioned having found the issue.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

That fixed it. Thanks a heap CGregory!