Whatcha working on?

Comments

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Great progress on your calendar too!

I had to make sure I knew what the moon phases were due to the fact that there are werewolves running around in my old west campaign, so of which the PCs have run into a killed!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

I have been running our Emerald City campaign with a couple of new players.  It has been a fun exercise introducing almost all new characters to a campaign that has been ongoing for over 6 years now.   We took a break in December because I had to move into my new condo and the holiday and I can't wait to get back to it in January.  

I also just got Dresden Files Accelerated and it is pretty amazing.  I want to sink my teeth into it and maybe eventually move our old EC campaign into the Fate Accelerated site I created a while back. 

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• cgregory
    cgregory

I started working on writing up every class and ID that exists in the obsidian portal and what that class/ID references and examples of what you might use it for.

Starting off with the classes found in the body element of the Obsidian Portal

https://unlockingtheportal.obsidianportal.com/wikis/body

I figure it is something I'll put together while watching tv shows that my wife likes.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Got a rude surprise when I went to look at the calendar I use for my western, there was an issue with the way the program I use was generating the moon phases, a bug that I had introduced, that I believe I have fixed, but the original calendar wasn't correct, so I went through the code and corrected the issue, along with an issue with the temperatures. The temp issue was because I entered the wrong data before letting it generate the calendar.

So once I had corrected the temps and moon phases, I uploaded it to my web host, but suddenly, the moon phases are back to the broken ones. It looks to me like for some reason they have reverted to a previous backed up version! Good news is I saved the HTML file once I had corrected it. Bad news is it's on the machine that is currently down due to broken heat sink bracket, that should be arriving today or tomorrow.

I really hate having to redo something that I've already done at least once due to the version being reverted! Then it's back to work on fun stuff, like updating my adventure logs for both my western and my fantasy campaigns!

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

Well, I have a total of 3 Campaigns that I am intending to get either started or back up and running this year.  The first of them is a new one, so I have been working on crafting up that page at the moment.  Other than that, developing RPG games for the company I work for and planning convention attendance for the year.  2017 will hopefully be a pretty great year.

I'll, of course, add a link to the new Campaign in my signature once it is publicly viewable.  Trying to decide how I want to organize my Wiki pages for the new one, as the method I use on DA is not as thematically appropriate for the new one.

-Red

Campaigns: Dragon Age: Requiem

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Looking forward to it Alex!!

Just trying to help out.

• alex_redeye
    alex_redeye

I think you already found it, being on my friends list :D

-Red

Campaigns: Dragon Age: Requiem

• Bortas
    Bortas

I'm doing the same - building a new campaign. Paused my css/content for now, decided I'm going to bite the bullet and actually make my own graphics, something I've always struggled with. Finished my first one last night, and I'm rather pleased with it (campaign nav background). I think next I'll work on background for character list items.

-bort

• cgregory
    cgregory

They look good bortas

They are among us!

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Some great looking stuff there Bort!!

Just trying to help out.

• DerkG
    DerkG

Working on my Greater Pendragon Campaign. We've made it all the way to 483 by now. That is 2 years before the campaign proper starts...

https://knights-of-the-realm-1.obsidianportal.com/

GM: https://knights-of-the-realm-1.obsidianportal.com/ - a Greater Pendragon Campaign

GM: https://sagaofthenorth..obsidianportal.com/ - a Dungeon World Campaign

Player/Scribe: https://thepriceofimmortality.obsidianportal.com/ - a Pathfinder Campaign

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Lately I've been working flat out at preparations for the final 2 or 3 days of this final section of the Southlands Campaign in which they are currently investigating the Tomb on an ancient God that has been Trapped in the place by an evil rival God.  It is quite complicated and the encounters are a bit major, including things like possession of characters, divine intervention, various horrible monsters of both the undead and the demonic type, with very deadly traps and culminating in an encounter with the weakened form of the Actual God that has been imprisoned for over three thousand years.  I have had no time to do much else this weekend..... apart from a bit of laundry.  (The real world doesn't stop).

Here is a spot of "DIVINE INTERVENTION" as sample!

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

So I've been toying with making video trailers for my New York Nightmare campaign, which is still probably a year out before I run it with the group of players I'm planning on running it for. So last night I spent about 3 hours working on the first trailer, finding videos that I liked, editing them together into 1 trailer video, adding the song I''m going to use, picking the points where the different scenes would change, adding the titles, and finally reviewing the completed project.

So I compile the project into a final video and don't you know it, when I review the video, the 2nd to the last clip that I'm using has a jumpy ghost version of it that ruins that clip! I just shut off the computer and called it a night.

Tonight I plan on going back and re-adding that last clip or finding a new one and then recompiling the whole thing. Hopefully this time I'll get the damn thing done, uploaded to YouTube and displaying on my front page of the campaign!

By the way Keryth987, your trailers for the Shadows Over New York campaign is what inspired me to make my trailers

Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Oof. I dunno if I'm completely ready for tonight's Ptolus session, but I was able to crank out a set of player handout maps that will probably be needed. (Of course, now that I've scrambled to draw these (four!!) separate player handout maps, the players will totally ignore or overlook the Guild Map Library resource for another session or two.)

It was fun work, but it took a while. Now I just need to finish off a few more notes and I think I'm ready for Session 5.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Well, need to update as while I'm working on, modifying, and RUNNING Shadows right now, I've already begun tinkering wiht my next idea - Phoenix Rising. It's a FATE Core (borrowing some for the fate core updated Bulldogs) campaign that presupposes Farscape, Battlestar Galactica (mostly classic but with some of the new stuff too), and Stargate all take place in the same universe.

It was originally gonna be a Savage Worlds gamne, but then I got a gift cert to Drivethrurpg this christmas from one fo my players and got my hands on the FATE Core rules for Bulldogs and a few other Sci-fi games and while Savage Worlds is good, I LOVE FATE.

Anyone wanting to take a peek can find it through me profile

• BearerOfTidings
    BearerOfTidings

I've been way too busy to visit the forums (sorry!).  Here are the four top games I've got going with two different groups:

https://crusade-1.obsidianportal.com/

https://spacecraftspycraft.obsidianportal.com/

https://gotham-on-the-brink.obsidianportal.com/ (on hold) as you can probably tell by now, I love GURPS as much as Keryth loves FATE

and a Pathfinder campaign of Zeitgeist that is private.

I am about to start a game of 5th ed D&D tonight where I get to be a player for a change.

Post edited by BearerOfTidings on
  • Keryth987
    Keryth987

Actually, I was hoping to get some comments on how things are forming up on me new site :)

• VanceReed
    VanceReed

My first real campaign on OP. Started actual play around Christmas and just got caught up with all the OP entry.

https://troubleinthemoot.obsidianportal.com/

Using the Zweihander, Grim and Perilous rules in the Old World.

Comments appreciated

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

@keryth- hit me with a pm or email... I have some thoughts on your new site.

Great start, btw...

Just trying to help out.

• Bortas
    Bortas

I've been working on building a 2.5d labyrinth for my players. The labyrinth is fully modular, and can shift during play, for added complexity. I have constructed 50 tiles, I'm painting and wiring them now. It is built from mostly HirstArts stuff, with some other things mixed in. 50 of the damned things, some corners, some Ts, some straights. I'm ready to be done with it at this point :P

Here is one of the T intersections, featuring a non-functional fountain.

-bort

• cgregory
    cgregory

Looks amazing bortas.

They are among us!

• Bortas
    Bortas

Thanks man! Here is the ruined exit.

-bort

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

That looks fantastic, Bortas!

I haven't ever pulled the trigger on collecting/building any Hirst mold terrain, for three primary reasons.

1. I really don't know where I'd store them.

2. How often would I be able to actually use them?

3. I don't game at my house. I really don't want to have to lug them around.

I do, however, very much appreciate how much work goes into creating them.

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Bortas
    Bortas

Yeah, if you don't game at your own place, but still like terrain, I'd stick with Dwarven Forge. I mix and match: use DF for most of a layout, then HirstArts for a custom set piece (ie: boss fight). But... I game at my place.

The labyrinth tiles will all sit on a custom 2'x2'x1" table I made, with a lid that can be secured on top. So to transport this labyrinth I'm building, I'll need to pack a 2'x2'x6" box around. The labyrinth will be self contained inside. I'm working on building an internal power supply, so I can stick a cord to it and have the tiles all light up that way.

-bort

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

UselessTriviaMan, if you want to go with easily portable terrain, you might want to check out some of the terrain made over at DM's Craft site. A lot of the crafters over there make their tiles out of cardboard, which is very light and if you go with the low profile walls, keeping them at most an inch tall, you can store your tile vertically and save lots of space. I've picked up a bunch of plastic stacking bins from Walmart and that's how I store a lot of my terrain!

Then if you want to transport them someplace, they're very light compared to Hirst Arts terrain. Granted, they might not have the visual impact, but some of the crafters over there have made some amazing things, out of just cardboard and foamcore board!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• DerkG
    DerkG

Writing the session log for the latest side session and figuring out art for the latest full session in my Pendragon campaign. Having a lot of fun with those write-ups - yes it is time consuming but invariably there is inspiration for the next session to come.

GM: https://knights-of-the-realm-1.obsidianportal.com/ - a Greater Pendragon Campaign

GM: https://sagaofthenorth..obsidianportal.com/ - a Dungeon World Campaign

Player/Scribe: https://thepriceofimmortality.obsidianportal.com/ - a Pathfinder Campaign

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Yo Bortas!  Great stuff indeed!

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

So much stuff on my plate (again):

• Ptolus: I have my megadungeon maps set up, but it's been a weekly race for me each session to populate sections before the PCs show up. Yeah, I know I could wing it, but from past experience I know it'll be a lot more immersive for my players if I don't make it up on the fly.

• Trivia: I host/emcee 1 or 2 Team Trivia Night fundraisers a year, and I have one looming in mid-March. I need to get some questions written.

• Conventions: Both of our local conventions are coming up. Gamicon is only two weeks away, and I need to get the Grindhouse Arena prepped.

• Grindhouse: Speaking of the Grindhouse, I'm working on creation of Grindhouse 2.0. It's gonna be pretty damn sweet when I get it done, but it's going pretty slow right now.

• Abersade
    Abersade

I'm working on a few things:

• Still running Rise of the Durnskald

• I'm also running a new game called Core for some new to D&D players as well as a few veterans

• Slowing learning Unity

• Working on my Jones NCTI Operations Center Certification, only one major exam to go and I'll be taking it in less than 3 weeks.

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• pencilneckgeek
    pencilneckgeek

I'm still running my long-running Shadows of the Rift campaign. My primary Dresden Files: Portland campaign died, but I'm running my wife through some Side Jobs in the same setting. I also play a Dresden Files/Fate Core game with a group in Oklahoma set in Seattle. And I've just entered into the hobby of home brewing beer.

--The Geek

Current Campaigns:

Shadows of the Rift : Homebrew Pathfinder Campaign (Campaign of the Month, September 2018)

The Dresden Files: Portland

Deadlands: Riders on the Storm

Velvet & Steel : 7th Sea 2nd Edition