Congrats!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• cgregory
    cgregory

Looks like OPSupport is starting to do some of the backlogs. They added XCOM and GammaWorld to the featured campaign page and added the campaign distinction class to both campaigns.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey guys, just popping in to give an update on the CotM related issues that have been present since the apparent changes to the support side of things back in November.

Progress on the back end seems to be getting better, and the CotM committee has (finally!) successfully made contact with support personnel regarding the second half of the CotM process (ie, having badges applied, being added to the campaigns page, etc..).

At this time, the November and December CotMs (Xcom and Gamma World) have been added to the campaigns page, and the appropriate notification line appears on those campaigns. The committee has asked support to wait a few days before adding January's CotM (Shimmering Kingdoms) to the page, so that Xcom doesn't immediately get bumped off the front page. While we'd love to give both cgregory and crew AND Omegabase and Co. the full month each that they are entitled to, doing so would keep things behind schedule. Bottom line on this,we're doing the best we can to get back on track and accommodate the campaigns that have been passed over due to the lapse in support coverage - hopefully it's enough to make everyone happy.

The badges for the GMs/players of said campaigns have yet to be applied, and that is the next item on the committee's get-resolved list. With any luck this will happen ASAP.

Campaign of the Year is another area that the committee is working on. Obviously its way behind schedule when compared to past years, but we're doing the best we can considering the recent situation. I'm hoping that the community is behind us on this front, even if it takes a little while longer to get it off the ground.

That's about all I've got for the moment, stay tuned for more.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • cgregory
    cgregory
    The badges have been applied for the GMs, but not the players yet.
    Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I think that has now been rectified, CG.  Just check.

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Any new nominations for Campaign of the Month?  If so, leave them HERE before 20 Jan 2017!

Inner Council Member

• cgregory
    cgregory

It has, my players all have the badge now.

They are among us!

• julrox
    julrox

Do campaigns that were nominated in 2016 stay on the list, or do they need to be re-nominated since we're now in 2017?

• Maesenko
    Maesenko

We keep a running list of campaign nominations, so there's no need to reapply.  As long as the campaign has been officially nominated in the nomination thread and it is a fairly active or completed campaign, it will be in consideration for CotM.

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• julrox
    julrox

Great, thank you for the clarification! :)

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Just a quick note to you all, that we WILL be awarding a Campaign of the Year for 2016.  We are just trying to work out the mechanics of doing this, depending on the level of support we get from OPSupport.  So, please be patient.

Inner Council Member

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

So the entries for Campaign of the Year are:

I'm in some rather august company, y'all. Take a look at these campaigns when you have a few minutes; we've all busted our tails to create fantastic campaign sites, and you're going to get to help decide which will be crowned as Campaign of the Year for 2016!

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Kallak
    Kallak

^ What UTM said!

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Bortas
    Bortas

Wow, what a list! I don't think there is a site there I don't regularly look at

-bort

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

There were some great campaigns featured this year!  Do we get to vote??

Just trying to help out.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Yes, the plan is a community vote for CotY. We're merely trying to ensure that we have the means to track/tally votes to avoid the issue of years past where there were accusations of multiple votes and other irregularities.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I recommend SurveyMonkey for your survey needs. It's done me well in the past.

Post edited by UselessTriviaMan on

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

Thanks for posting UTM! And the compliments! Your post sorta mirrors what I said here, and I'm holding out Blue Lantern degrees of hope that a new fan-driven vote will garner more engagement from the community.

• cgregory
    cgregory

As long as the voting doesn't use through alien probe technology, I'm fine with whatever is chosen.

They are among us!

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

So it's Feb 7th. Do we have a new CotM yet?

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

Yes, Kal will make the announcement as soon as the interview for the blog goes up. There was a miscommunication among the committee (re: I screwed up) creating the delay.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hi all, just a quick update on this. CoTM for February 2017 will be up sometime in the midmorning today (Friday 10th). I would've had it up last night (which was my original intention), but I had to finish up a paper for one of my classes, which ran longer than originally expected. Just a few more hours (for sleep!) and the wait will be over.

Again, the committee would like to offer up our apologies for the delay. Minor miscommunication on our part.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Kallak
    Kallak

Greetings forum-folks.

After a little bit of a delay (again, sorry on that), the interview for February's Campaign of the Month is now live on the blog. So let me be the first to offer up a very big congratulations to Nut_Meg and all of the players of God-Touched!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Congratulations Nut_Meg and team for winning CotM.  A site with some of the most innovative design concepts in "the Portal" and a really great informative interview!  

Inner Council Member

• Bortas
    Bortas

Wow, what a site!

-bort

• Nut_Meg
    Nut_Meg

Awwww. Thanks, guys. smiley