On the Campaigns Page Update...

Jim_Mount
Jim_Mount

Hello fellow gamers!

Being spotlighted on Obsidian Portal's main Campaigns Page is an honor and a privilege only a few campaigns out many thousands on this site can lay claim to. It allows new users and casual users of Obsidian Portal to see what they can do for their own campaigns, what they can make, and how they can share their work with the universe.

Running a game is an art, and it is an artistic endeavor that is normally appreciable by very few, normally, just one's players. As a DM and site author who has had his own campaign under the spotlight, I can tell you that it is a wonderful feeling that these projects we work so hard on for ourselves and our players -- all that writing and planning and statting and mapmaking and more writing -- that huge time and creativity commitment we make for what usually amounts to a small audience of our dearest friends, can be recognized and displayed for the world at large. There really is no other gallery for what we do outside of OP.

Now that it is being updated again, if you have a minute, check out the front page. Take a look at the campaigns there. Browse a few pages in. Become a fan of campaigns you fancy, comment on the adventure journals. It means a lot to me (still does!), and I think it means as much to any of the winners of CotM, but especially the most recent winners who haven't had their fantastic creative babies on display until now. I know most of you reading this are busy with your own campaigns, your own babies, but trust me, 5 minutes on GammaWorld 2754 or X-Com is time you will be wowed and inspired. As a GM myself, inspiration is one thing I can never have enough of.

If you see a bit of coding flash or writing or plot curve or whatever catches your fancy, comment! Let us know! Ask questions. Interact with us here or on our sites. Most of us love to help, and talk about our work. I'd love to see this community grow and become closer and exchange ideas. That's why OP exists, and that's why a lot of us work on our sites and share them here. CotM isn't a competition, it's a commitment to the entire community.

From one GM to many others: we have a fantastic, unique resource here in OP, not just for ourselves and our own players. Time to abuse the hell out it.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Well said, JM, and I heartily agree!

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• cgregory
    cgregory

Well my creative baby was abducted by aliens, so that would explain why it was on display until now. Thankfully he is back for the world to see.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dimQ0gVGRFA/hqdefault.jpg.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016