Tables in the forums

organicveggie
organicveggie
edited April 2009 in Bug Reports

Comments

• organicveggie
    organicveggie
    I'm having trouble getting tables to render correctly in the forums. For example:

|col1|col2|
    |value1|value2|

Should render as a 2x2 table. Here's what it looks like instead:

|col1|col2|
    |value1|value2|

In the off-chance that actually rendered correctly for someone, here's what I'm seeing:

col1 col2 value1 value2

It appears that the HTML is getting generated correctly from the Textile markup, but then it's getting escaped before it makes it to the browser.

Not a big deal, but kind of annoying. :)

-Sean
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    My screen is a leeeeetle bit too small to tell for sure: are you putting spaces between the pipes and the content? There needs to be that buffer or they don't show up correctly.
  • organicveggie
    organicveggie
    bq. are you putting spaces between the pipes and the content? There needs to be that buffer or they don’t show up correctly.

The example in my first post did _not_ include spaces. Let's see if that makes a different for me. Here's with spaces:

| col1 | col2 |
    | value1 | value2 |

| col1 | col2 |
    | value1 | value2 |

And here's without spaces:

|col1|col2|
    |value1|value2|

|col1|col2|
    |value1|value2|

Neither works for me. More to the point, both generate the correct HTML ... but then the HTML gets escaped _before_ it's sent to the browser. So I end up seeing the literal HTML... rather than seeing the HTML rendered into an actual table.

Either it's a bug or I'm still missing something crucial. :)

-Sean
  • organicveggie
    organicveggie
    Just to further clarify, here's what my browser _actually_ gets back from the server:

col1
    col2

value1
    value2

So all less-than symbols are getting incorrectly escaped into the HTML entity _<_ ...