The first step is to admit you have a problem...

Comments

• Basileus
    Basileus
    Is it the sword that makes the cube... or is it the magnificent feathered hat?
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan
    After a much too long and unintentional two-month hiatus, Ptolus is back finally back in action.

Today, UTM is a happy camper.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Welcome back to the game, UTM!

twigs
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan
    In the upcoming Session 11 (finally!!), we learn just who we've rescued from the "Temple of the Ebon Hand.":http://ptolus-city-by-the-spire-by-bryan.obsidianportal.com/wikis/temple-of-the-ebon-hand

What was in those ledgers they recovered from Trollone's safe? Where does that escape tunnel in the temple complex lead? Whatever happened with Gwendolyn?

We may find out!
  • Kallak
    Kallak
    Oh Snap!
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan
    Many loose ends were tied up this session, but a few new ones were also unraveled.

"*Session 11: Vengeance, Children, Good Food... and Speedos (?!)*":http://ptolus-city-by-the-spire-by-bryan.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log/vengeance-children-good-food-and-speedos-

Player *muntjack* has brought in a new character, and we get our first look at the Ptolus-specific race of lion men known as "*Litorians!*":http://ptolus-city-by-the-spire-by-bryan.obsidianportal.com/wikis/litorians
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Test.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Well crap. How 'bout this then?

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Okay guys, what the hell am I doing wrong with my signature?

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

Don't write any HTML or code. Just highlight what you want linked and hit the little chain icon.

Post edited by Jim_Mount on
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Okay, that was far too simple. I probably wouldn't have ever figured it out without help.

Thanks! 

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

It took me a few days also....couldn't see the forest for the trees.

• Kallak
    Kallak

As a point of clarification, if you're wanting to type the HTML straight into the editor rather than using the button interface, click the Source button in the upper lefthand corner of the editor.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

The bad news: our group's "temprary hiatus" since the end of June has become a full-fledged disbandment due to various life... things.

The good news: I've got a completely different group of players (all in my own family) begging me to run a campaign for them instead. It'll probably take a week or two to work out the details, but the Ptolus campaign should get back on track very soon...

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Here is to more stability in your future game.

Just trying to help out.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Two weeks until the return to Ptolus!

Five confirmed players, with two additional maybes (depending on real-life schedules). We roll up characters on the 28th. (And we might even actually roll back the edition to 3.5!)

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Go UTM!  cool

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Let us know how it goes!!

Just trying to help out.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

It's all coming together nicely. Looks like we'll probably stick with 5E, and I've already gotten confirmations from all seven (!!!) players. Yeah, that's about two more than I initially wanted, but I am comfortable with running larger groups. Done it before, I can certainly do it again.

I've been busily prepping, printing, and updating everything to kick off the new campaign in style.

Three more days until the triumphant return of Ptolus, City by the Spire!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Sounds cool, UTM  smiley

Inner Council Member

• Maesenko
    Maesenko

Wish I could join you (doubly so if you had rolled back to 3.5), but alas you are still fairly far away.  Which is sad, because I think you and Jim_Mount are the two nearest active forum-goers to me.

That said, best of luck with Ptolus again, I look forward to seeing your updates!
    Post edited by Maesenko on

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

We're BAAAaaaack...

It was a great start. Everyone had a great time, new player introductions went very well, and I think this just might be the start of something spectacular.

Session 1 will be this Friday, and then we'll be going to a once-per-fortnight schedule. HOODY HOO!

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

And @Maesenko, you should mark April 22-23 2017 on your calendar. It's going to be a really fun weekend.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Welcome back  UTM

Inner Council Member

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Session 1: CSI Ptolus

We had a fantastic time. The players are still learning 5th Edition (and one is learning just what an RPG is and how it's played).

They chose to go after the Case of the Missing Girl plot hook, and we're off on a merry chase.

Evil temple infiltrations, grieving parents, and sassy old ladies were encountered last night. Much fun was had by all.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

cool

Inner Council Member

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Holy crap guys, this campaign's starting out great. Three of my six players contributed in-character adventure log entries!! I'm proudest of Yona's, because it's the first time I've seen my high-schooler niece put forth this kind of effort on any kind of writing, and it's by far the longest of the three.

Tomorrow night, we continue the investigation of the Temple of the Ebon Hand...

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Great news UTM!

Just trying to help out.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

No game this Friday, as most of us have other R/L commitments this week (my son's birthday, for me). But we're all champing at the bit to get back to the action. We're all anxious to finish off the rest of the Temple of the Ebon Hand.

I've said it before, but I'm really happy with how the new group is starting out so well.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

As the spamBot overran the fornt page, moving some topics back to the front