Help! One of newly invited players can edit EVERYTHING!

jhilahd
jhilahd

I am in need of help.

I invited my RL players to the campaign page I am building. I had built placeholders for their characters until they accepted my invitation. Once they had, I gave them ownership of their character write-up.

One of them tells me he can not only edit his page, but our NPC's as well And he just texted me to let me know he is able to edit the homepage and wiki pages as well.

Is this a bug, or do I need to assign myself as the owner of every page individually?

Help!

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

That is normal. He can't edit other player's characters. If he edits something you don't like just use the previous version icon to revert it back to your original.

Obsidian Portal is supposed to a collaborative site.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• jhilahd
    jhilahd

cgregory,

Whew.

Ok thanks. I was thinking he was going to wreck something by accident(which he still may do) but at least now I know. And knowing is half the battle.

Thanks again!

• cgregory
    cgregory

One thing to know, using that previous version button you can compare two version of the page.

I've only ever had one issue with a player messing up something and they used the previous version button to put it back. I've found the more players are willing to get involved in the site the better the game.

One other thing is you may wish to decide whether you want to use the textile editor or the CkEditor both have their pluses and minuses. But you likely want to decide early since it can be work to switch between the two once the site has a lot of info.

Good luck on your campaign and add a link to it once it is up and running.

They are among us!

• jhilahd
    jhilahd

Thanks again. I'll have to refine a banner link, and the site is still a work in progress but....

• cgregory
    cgregory

I like the sig. 

They are among us!

• jhilahd
    jhilahd

Thank you. That's the logo I created for my campaign. Working on a  video intro now. But... youtube and OP aren't liking each other... :(

• cgregory
    cgregory

That might be an issue with the CkEditor. If you use the Textile editor temporarily to add the embed video you might find it works. You can always switch back to the CkEditor.

Personally, I only use the textile editor, I find the CkEditor still has too many issues.

They are among us!

• jhilahd
    jhilahd

Good to know. Thanks.

• jhilahd
    jhilahd

...OK that worked. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.