Anything changed lately...all my Campaigns affected?

2»

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Idk about max width, but for me, my campaign banner is narrowed a bit.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce

Max width is a setting that (for whatever reason) was working earlier.  (See the notes and images at the top of the thread).

However, except for character pages, it seems to be working now.  I have limited coding skills so am not sure what could have affected it, I was just able to isolate the issue.

Thanks for having the team look into it.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

On the main pages, i.e. wiki, max width is being set by the "max width setting" under advanced settings as it should be.

On the character pages, it appears that it is still (incorrectly) inheriting the setting from the public layout content.

.campaign-public-layout #content {
    max-width: inherit;
    }
    max-width: 1378px;

causing the second one (with the 1378) to be lined out and invalid.

(see pictures upthread for example)

• Blitzburger
    Blitzburger

Is this going to get fixed anytime soon?

• cgregory
    cgregory

What part isn't working for you? All my campaigns are looking fine. That includes my character pages which seemed to be the last thing people had said wasn't working.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

The max-width setting is still not being applied to character pages.

(I have a temp fix on my main campaign in the CSS).

• cgregory
    cgregory

It is on my campaigns. 1024 is applied on the xcom campaign and 1600 on Dead Men Tell No Tales. I just double checked the character pages. Neither has the max-width inherit. 

The only place I override the max-width is on my front page on my xcom campaign for the solar system css so the planets and alien space ship has enough room as they rotate around the sun. The rest of the site has 1024 as the max width, while that page has 1600.

They are among us!

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Exactly cgregory.

It WAAAS inherited before. I used 1380 on the seetings page, and it used to apply to everything.  Which was the way I liked it.  

Now, when it broke, they went and fixed it (thanks OP) but the fix did not cover the character page.

As it used to.

Not a big deal, as I have a CSS workaround from this thread...but when the other poster asked if all was fixed..I just gave him the status as I saw it.

Edit: Nevermind cgregory, I misunderstood you. I don't know why its not working for several of us as it did before, I am not a coder.
    Post edited by SkidAce on
  • Keryth987
    Keryth987

Character page, on the sites I actually use it on, is having the issue still, unless I use the CSS fix from above

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

Going all wiki and not using characters is also an option....

Just trying to help out.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Hi SkidAce,

When I go into your character page and remove lines 274-277 from your custom CSS

max-width: 1378px !important;

margin: auto;

}

your character page doesn't change. Line 24 (part of the non user editable part of the custom CSS) which is

max-width: 1378px;

}

takes over overriding the max-width from Line 1 of your application CSS but leaving the margin: 0 auto;

#content {

max-width: 1024px;

margin: 0 auto;

}

They are among us!

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Thanks for your patience.  

I took the max-width fix out so you can see what I mean better.

Start at the front page, go to characters, then click on "Aeron", the first character in the list.  You should see the page width increase o fill the entire screen. 

That is what is still broken.

• cgregory
    cgregory

I'm feeling really dumb, for some reason I thought you were talking about the character index page rather than the character sheets. I haven't gone to my character pages on anything other than an iPad  in so long that i didn't notice it.

You might look at using

body.character-show #content {max-width: 1378px;}

rather than the workaround originally given since you don't need to use important! and it targets the specific page with the issue rather than all pages.

They are among us!

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

No worries, and thanks for the more specific code.

• Rhubarb
    Rhubarb

Do we have an ETA for a character page width fix?

My character pages have gone full screen,and would like them set to the way they were before.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

I recommend using the code in your CSS if you are an Ascendant member, as listed above by cgregory.

There was a comment from OP staff somewhere upthread (I think) that said something along the lines that the width issue was fixed, and they could see no change that would create what we are describing.

So since the fix is simple, I'm just rolling with it, instead of beating myself up trying to explain it.  The best I can do is the pictures I've shown.