PC Character Sheets - Gender not getting set

Harliquinn
Harliquinn

I've tried again and again to set the Gender to "Female" for some PC's in my campaign and after saving, it always reverts to "Male". Is this a known bug? Is there a way around it?

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

It reverts back to male because that is not the gender of the character. That is the gender for the random name generator.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Harliquinn
    Harliquinn

Oh! That makes sense in a weird way. Thank you!

• cgregory
    cgregory

The whole reason I was able to answer you was cause it fooled me too when I first saw it.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

That's correct. The feature seems to generate confusion. We have gotten many emails with this question. Traditionally, the gender field was only there to assist with the character name generator. That was the only purpose it served. The gender was never saved. The team is currently working to overhaul the admin panel, and making this less ambiguous is part of that. 

• Harliquinn
    Harliquinn

OP Support

It makes sense that it would be used for that. It is a little confusing due to its placement. I'll use Tags for gender for now. Thank you!

John

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

Some of us have the same issue in real life! Heyo!

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

This is being remedied this week, in the next build the name generator functionality will be put in a logical place where it was supposed to go from the get go- in a separate dialog tied to the name field.