Character portrait from media library

felixwaffle
felixwaffle

I would like to be able to use an image. Or ideally a cropped section of an image that I have in my media library that I have already uploaded to the obsidian portal campaign.

This seems to be one of the only places that can't access the Uploaded media library. It just opens to browse and upload a new image...

Comments

• weasel0
    weasel0

Good catch and add to the feature request area.

• cgregory
    cgregory

That might be by design since each campaign has a separate media library. Does it limit you to media libraries that you are GM of or does the limit include those you are a player of as well.

As you start having more campaigns it would likely take longer to search through all your media libraries than to download and upload the file.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• felixwaffle
    felixwaffle

I'd love if once you pick an image from the library, you could also select/use a cropped section of it. Vs having two images one full body and one cropped in the project.

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

I always thought that was somewhat odd, too. My players posted images to the forum before the campaign began of what they thought their characters should look like but these images had to be reuploaded to their character pages. So they appear in the media library twice.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Dooh!  I thought he was talking about the avatar portrait in the forums, not the character portraits in the campaigns. Yeah, i believe the portraits for items function the same way. 

They are among us!

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

It's kinda... let's just say it needs updating. I'm not sure why, but I get wound up seeing the same picture multiple times in my library.

Another example: If I include a pic of a character in a journal entry, and later that same NPC warrants their own Character page, I can't just use the pic that's already there in my library. Like I said. Odd.

• Maesenko
    Maesenko

I definitely agree, some streamlining could be done here (as well as with the Items page, while we're at it) to unify the file library.

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

Quite a bit of work is happening right now which I believe should make this better. The entire admin area is getting an update, including the items page. 

• cgregory
    cgregory

Thanks for the update

They are among us!

• felixwaffle
    felixwaffle

It's kinda... let's just say it needs updating. I'm not sure why, but I get wound up seeing the same picture multiple times in my library.

Another example: If I include a pic of a character in a journal entry, and later that same NPC warrants their own Character page, I can't just use the pic that's already there in my library. Like I said. Odd.

@Jim_Mount

Exactly what i was talking about =)

Hope they make the media library accessible for these.