Busted Character sheets for Pathfinder?

dragvandil013
dragvandil013
edited August 2016 in General Discussion

Several players, myself included and the GM have been unable to edit pathfinder character sheets. Even creating a new character sheet seems to only save data not entered on the sheet itself. 

In addition a format change seems to have occured and now character sheets are displaying in wide format. I dont think thats a bad thing, but it started around the same time for me. 

Anyone having the same issues? got a fix or know when it will be fixed? (normally i wouldnt worry about it but last game we had a near TPK and so for this game a bunch of characters are new and need to be edited before game. GM is cool/forgiving but we'd still like our sheets updated before tomorrow.

Post edited by dragvandil013 on

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

As near as we can figure, there was some work done that has inadvertently messed up DSTs being able to save, and column widths for content areas. I would open a support ticket on this.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • dragvandil013
    dragvandil013

I imagine its not likely to be fixed by tomorrow?

• Kallak
    Kallak

Well, anything's possible, but I'd make plans to be on the safe side.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Megatron
    Megatron

My players and I have been having the same problem with all the Pathfinder sheets.

• OMnia

Yes, same here. If someone opened a support ticket, please post here so we can follow.

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

It is all DST sheets, not just Pathfinder ones and it is just the DSTs as I have modified the other fields in the character record successfully. I have submitted a support ticket and will update this information on this thread once I hear back from support. I would say that no one else needs to submit a ticket as they really only need one.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Sorwen

Sad and glad to know it isn't just me.  Started late Friday night for me and is very frustrating since my campagin is starting back up and I need a lot of character work since we are moving it from 3.5 to Pathfinder.

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Just an FYI, I got a response back from support and as I thought, they have had a bunch of tickets opened already for this issue and they're working on the problem. I would suggest that no one else needs to open any more support tickets about this as they know what's going on!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• Sorwen

Cool.  Thanks for posting that.

Edit: Really thankful. I had done a support post Friday and opened a ticket before seeing this. The only response I got was a closed ticket. I would have been very angry if I hadn't seen your post.
    Post edited by Sorwen on
  • Johnprime
    Johnprime

Glad to help Sorwen. Having been in a strictly support capacity in the past, and considering it is part of my job title in my current job as a software engineer, I can understand how Obsidian's tech team would get tired of seeing support ticket after support ticket come in saying basically the same thing over and over.

That's the main reason why I posted that response, partly for their sanity but also for ours as well! :-)

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

The Valley of Life

• Sorwen

I have as well(retail and tech support).  I could understand it if anywhere(I checked twitter, facebook, and blog) they had let us know it was a known issue.  If all I had was this thread and you hadn't posted all I would know as a customer was my issue was brushed off.  That is bad customer service(even a canned responce is better than that).  That is compounded when people are paying and then more so when my membership is due to renew on the 23.  You should get some credit when/if I renew. :)

• dragvandil013
    dragvandil013

Any updates btw? The problem has acctually gotten worse as players have tred to edit their sheet (instead of just waiting for me to say "yeah it's all good now" annnnd the sheet isnt just not accepting new changes, but wiping their data. 

• Maesenko
    Maesenko

Guess I still have to hold off on updating my character sheet for a bit longer, eh?  Shame, too, as I have gone up two levels recently and really want to push an update to the site.

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• s_ryttersgaard
    s_ryttersgaard

Currently everything on my pathfinder sheet is gone, except for bg.... rest is back to blank sheet

• Sorwen

At first try it seems fixed?  Working OK for anyone else?

• dragvandil013
    dragvandil013

Im seeing some success. I'm going to remake and see if its fully fixed

• Sorwen

I've made a few changes(saving after evey few change) on a few characters and so far so good.

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

The team pushed out another change today and the word is the issue should be fully resolved. 

• Sorwen

That is great news.  Thanks for letting us know. I was still worried even with everything looking ok.

• dragvandil013
    dragvandil013

Most awesome, just finished re-adding my character to Obsidian Portal

• BenjaminBuckmaster
    BenjaminBuckmaster

Is there any way to restore characters wiped out by this issue? 

• JackPollockesque
    JackPollockesque

A way to restore wiped characters is definitely needed. I've lost one character and am a little worried to update any of the other characters until I know for sure that this is fixed. 

• cgregory
    cgregory

If you want proof that it is fixed create a test character.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Der_Dieben
    Der_Dieben

I bought Ascendant, how do I revert my sheet now to recover my data?

• BenjaminBuckmaster
    BenjaminBuckmaster

This issue seems to be recurring now. I just lost all the style-sheet information on another character. 

• KohlMcClash
    KohlMcClash

This seems to be happening again.  2 of my players sheets that had input the dynamic sheet info now get the 500 server error.  The other 4 with no sheet are fine.  This is over a month old from when the thread started...so when will it be fixed?

• analogueAssassin
    analogueAssassin

Nothing has worked since yesterday (when I came back after 3 months). I can't open old charcters from any system with DTS's, or create new ones. Intensely frustrating, as I was telling everyone how much I loved this site and convinced my DM to move here. Incredibly dissapointing and embarassing. I'm not pleased. 

• abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

People are reporting on a different thread that it is now fixed.

Just trying to help out.