*Using* Dynamic Character Sheets

ksanders2011

I am unable to save information in the dynamic character sheets. 

I enter information in the boxes and click the little "ok" button, and see the changes there while I'm editing. Then I save the character, and look at it, and none of those changes are present.

How do I make changes to the dynamic style sheet and save those changes? 

Comments

• tmar78
    tmar78

Same here. My players are frustrated because of this, unable to update their character sheets. 

• DocEzra
    DocEzra

Adding my voice to the chorus...no edits to dynamic style sheets are working at all.

• Durgart
    Durgart

Also having the same problem, Character sheets won't update after new data is put in. Nor will it work when drafting up a new character.

• Kallak
    Kallak

Same here. Changes not saving on DSTs

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV

Seems to be an issue across the board - did a quick check across multiple sheets and campaigns, and it looks like DST saving is broken in general.

• Phunkey
    Phunkey

I've been having the same issue all day. I tried different browsers and multiple DCS styles and types. 

• weasel0
    weasel0

Looks to be at least both these character issues and some column width issues going on from some back-end code edits.

• DocEzra
    DocEzra

The first player in my group to hit the error filed a ticket (the only person in our group to file one), and apparently the fix is being delayed by all us users reporting the issue. As he was the only person in our group to report the issue I'm not sure why he got snark from tech support about "not making things move any faster." If you mark a ticket as closed, expect people to be confused when you haven't actually *fixed* anything. 

"The tech team was notified and is in the process of pushing a new build which should address the issue for yourself and the hundred other users that reported the exact same issue. Having everyone on your group post the same issue is not making things move any faster. "

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

Being a software developer from another company, I understand how the tech team would get angry from lots of support tickets coming in for the same reason. Not saying a snarky answer is going to help, but each ticket that they receive must be looked at, which could stop one of them from working on the fix, because they had to stop what they were doing to open/read, then respond to each ticket that was answered.

Plus if they have a manager who oversees such things, the manager is going to start pressuring them to get the site fixed, which will only increase their stress levels. Best thing to do is to stand by and let them work on the issue, knowing that they will get it corrected as soon as they can.

Not finding fault with you DocEzra, just stating my own experiences for the current situation as I've been on both sides of the coin and as a paying member, I do also expect the site to work, but as a programmer, I understand how the site can break from coding issues.

By the way, I am in no way associated with Obsidian Portal, these are just my own opinions and observations!
    Post edited by Johnprime on

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

While I agree and understand, @Johnprime, we need to look at the other side also.

A lot of the hundred other users may have had no way of knowing that the problem had already been submitted.

• weasel0
    weasel0

If only there was a way for us to see what tickets were submitted and if enough people were submitting the same things, an over-arching master ticket could be created. 

Oh well.

Post edited by weasel0 on
  • sirdarksol

Johnprime: as SkidAce said, I agree that it is understandable how that would be frustrating, but there's also been a significant lack of communication from OP about the issue.

With an issue that cripples several major functions of the website, I would think that there would be a forum post, account messages, tweets, facebook posts, and/or popup messages as people log in. Lack of communication leads to an appearance that there is nothing being done. There could be dozens of people working behind the scenes, but if nobody is saying, "Look, guys, I understand this is a pain, but we're working on it. If your issue is with x, y, or z, please do our tech folks a favor and don't submit a ticket. It only slows them down as they have to stop and read the tickets," then the only way to find out that they are working on it is to submit a ticket and get a snarky response from tech support.

• Kallak
    Kallak

DST saving appears to be restored today. I tested it out on my own DST that is in development and it worked as per normal.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • DocEzra
    DocEzra

Thanks for the update, @Kallak

• Der_Dieben
    Der_Dieben

Any one find a solution for those of us who lost data in the glitch?