Accessing Private Messages from mobile devices

UselessTriviaMan
UselessTriviaMan

At last night's game session, I finally learned one of the primary reasons why my players don't interact much with Obsidan Portal. I sat side-by-side with one of my players and we tried to figure out how to access Private Messages on a mobile device so he could get added to our new Fallout campaign. Neither of us could figure out how to do so.

Is there a way to access your PM inbox via mobile device? If so, how the hell do you do it and can we make that simpler/more intuitive? If not, could we add that to the mobile device dropdown menu?

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

Comments

• cgregory
    cgregory

It looks like on tablets in portrait mode (and smaller screens like phones) the PM icon gets dropped. If you switch a tablet to landscape mode it is just like at a desktop. 

Obviously, they need to fix it and add the PM link to the dropdown, but you might find a private pipboy page with GM+player secrets would works well for the setting.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Kallak
    Kallak

I have noticed difficulty in this area also, and I agree that it is something that should be addressed.

In terms of how to get there on mobile devices, rotating to landscape vs portrait does work as cgregory has stated, but from my own experimentation it seems that the screen size is a factor. For example, rotating to landscape to see the PM button in the top navigation area works on my tablet but not on my cell phone.

In order to reach the PM system on my phone, I take the following steps. Firstly, I click into my profile in the top nav area. Scroll down to my friends list, click on one of their profiles. Scroll down past the campaigns listing and click on the send them a PM button, which takes me into authoring a new PM. From there, the inbox, sent, etc.. links are visiable and I can get to my own inbox.

Edit: Suffice it to say, I don't use my phone to access OP unless I've got not other alternative.
    Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Thanks Kallak!

That's a lot of hoops to jump through just to get to my inbox through my phone. I much prefer using my laptop/PC (and I'll continue to use those for my editing), but at least now I can help that player access his campaign invitation next game session.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith