[Blog] Thursday Features Thread

124»

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak
    Hello hello,

This week's Thursday Feature is up (I know it's a few hours late, SORRY).
    Anyway, stop on by when you get some time and learn why "My People Have a Saying":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/my-people-have-a-saying/, and what that means to our gaming group.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I stopped by, and, as usual, it is a great read discussing something that must exist on almost every campaign.

twigs
  • Kallak
    Kallak
    Hey once again forums,
    Got this week's Thursday Feature up nice and early, so huzzah!
    We're back for the next installment of our game system reviewing series, so come along for the ride as "ketherian":https://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/ketherian tells us "What's So Great About HârnMaster":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/whats-so-great-about-harnmaster/.
  • ketherian
    ketherian
    This article made me pretty nervous. It's not every day you get to review a product from a former (part-time) employer. I've met and worked with a lot of great fans of the game, but my preferences and gripes about the system are my own. Still, I love it enough to have been playing it for well over 20 years! Are there any other harnplayers out there?
  • ketherian
    ketherian
    Wow. I just got this on my facebook feed. Seems you can download a 6o-page sampler of HarnWorld.

"http://www.columbiagames.com/cgi-bin/query/cfg/zoom.cfg?product_id=5600-PDF":http://www.columbiagames.com/cgi-bin/query/cfg/zoom.cfg?product_id=5600-PDF
    Straight from the Columbia Games website.
  • Kallak
    Kallak
    Nice. Need to check that out.
  • Kallak
    Kallak

Hey all, the new Thursday Feature is up, so have a look see when you get some time.

This week I talk about challenging your players as well as their characters with what I'll dub as "Fourth Wall Challenges". Hope you enjoy, and please feel free to share your own stories!

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

Dammit I'm still trying to work out the tankard challenge. Kudos for not providing the answer, though you might have given me too much to drink in.

• cgregory
    cgregory

Jim just admit it! You are the murderer!  cheeky

Age of Serpents sounds suspiciously like you'd have access to plenty of poison.

edit..

Also as Kallak said what isn't said is equally important, and I don't remember you saying you didn't do it!
    Post edited by cgregory on

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

Wait, don't tell me, I think I got it worked out!

• Kallak
    Kallak

Haha, well done

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Great article!  yes

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• weasel0
    weasel0

baglsnargle!!!!! I can solve a lot of these things but this one eludes me(though many of these in written form have the solutions hidden literally in the riddle: the name is somehow spelled out or something of a mechanical nature is invovled).

• Kallak
    Kallak

It's nothing so mechanical as a spelled out name. The key is that one suspect is different from the others. Remember, what isn't said is as important as what is.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Kallak
    Kallak

Hi guys, this week's Thursday Feature is now up.

Take a gander as I explain The Thing About Duds and what I've learned from a past dud in one of my campaigns.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Great article once again, Kallak.  Love them Dud characters and Hurthral will always be a shining star!

Inner Council Member

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

This is why I don't do DMPCs any more. Unless I intend from the beginning for them to die. Then its a can't lose -- the players celebrate the death of a dud or mourn the loss of a beloved friend.

Pray for Likki ...

• Kallak
    Kallak

The Thursday Feature for this week is slightly behind schedule (sorry, I had the kids all day yesterday), but has now thankfully arrived.

So have a read, and find out why You Oughta Know, You Married Her.

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

One of your better ones, Kallak- something we have all done.  Great examples, not on just the event, but how to make it better.

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Ditto AiE!

Inner Council Member

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hey guys,

After a bit of a micro hiatus (sick, and then first week of the new semester at university), the blog is back in action with a new Thursday Feature. This time around, I talk about driving character progression for the PCs, and why you should always strive to say to yourself Baggins, Sure I know a Baggins.

** As an aside to this, A few additional blog authors would prevent this sort of mini lapse from happening, and would be greatly appreciated. It's not nearly as intimidating as it might seem at first, so don't be afraid to consider contributing **

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Keryth987
    Keryth987

Sorry I've been lax in submissions of late Kallak. Work and home life have left me little time to even work on ym active campaign, much less anything else. I'll get my feature up and running again shortly