New Forums - Link back to Obsidian Portal Home Page?

Krothos
Krothos

I like the look of the new forums. Very snazy. I would like to see a web link at the top in the forum's banner (or bottom is necessary) that takes you back to the Obsidian Portal home page. 

Comments

• OPSupport
    OPSupport

Great idea. We agree it is missing the main menu. 

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

It would be nice if the forum profiles linked instead to the Ob Portal profiles. The forum bios are kinda... not great. It is nice to click on a user and see the more detailed bio they usually have there--badges, campaigns, etc.

Post edited by Jim_Mount on
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I definitely second Krothos's idea and I think I agree with Jim_Mount as well.....although to be fair, the Forum Bios might still develop further....

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Jim_Mount
    Jim_Mount

Don't get me wrong. The new developers have been great at listening to our suggestions. Hmm. Perhaps in the interim if a direct link isn't available from the forum profiles to the site profiles, that we can have links in the forum profiles? Unless there is a way already and I'm just to gormless to figure it out?

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I'm thinking that the Forum profiles might yet develop into spaces that list involvement of said players in particular discussions, etc. in which case, they might be quite useful moving forward, but I agree that most times, when I see a new contributor making a point, I like to see a bit about them and what they are up to with their own campaign.  

Is there possibly a case for both....?

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Hojou
    Hojou
    Wrong place, sorry!
    Post edited by Hojou on
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko

I second Krothos, it was actually the first thing I noticed missing from the old setup (that I actually want back).

As for the user/forum bio issue, could we place a link to the main user bio on the forum bio for now, and possibly integrate the two more fully as things develop?  And I would also just like to say that I really like twiggy's idea for the forum bio.

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee