Hide Files from Players?

briancolin
briancolin
edited May 2016 in Campaign Portal Building
I wanted to check and see if there is a setting that I am missing allowing files to be disabled for players? I'm uploading dungeon maps, monsters, etc. and they can see them. I used css to hide the navigation items, but that hides them from me as well.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Brian

Comments

• ketherian
    ketherian
    Good morning briancolin.

On a general wiki page, there's the option to set the *Entire Page GM Only?*. It's a check mark below the GM Only section and above the Email notifications section.
    On the character pages, its called *Is this character still a secret?* but located in a similar place as on the general wiki page
    For a map, when you click on the edit button, there's a check box labelled *Public?* (Visible to all, otherwise, only visible to campaign members) that will hide this from your players.

I hope this helps.
    --
    Ketherian
    "Signs & Portends":swtwc.obsidianportal.com - Winter court is coming.
    "Dwarves of Koldukar":dwarves-1.obsidianportal.com - Dwarves!!
    "In a certain realm":inacertainrealm.obsidianportal.com - Where Faerun meets Russian myth.
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce
    I think briancolin might be talking about the new files tab. Where unless I am mistaken, the players can browse the entire catalog. Of course they could do that before by editing and preparing to load an image on a wiki page, but it wasn't up front and in your face obvious.
  • ketherian
    ketherian
    Ah. I've not actually played with that much.
    So far as I can see - there's no way to actually hide a file in the files tab from player view, is there? I can't seem to find a button or setting for it. If there isn't one, this is a great new feature request!
    --
    Ketherian
    "Signs & Portends":swtwc.obsidianportal.com - Winter court is coming.
    "Dwarves of Koldukar":dwarves-1.obsidianportal.com - Dwarves!!
    "In a certain realm":inacertainrealm.obsidianportal.com - Where Faerun meets Russian myth.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I haven't used the new feature yet, but if what I read is correct, then I agree with you, ketherian, that a GM only tick box would be a worthy request.

twiggyleaf
    CotM May 2016: "Mysteria":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/mysteria - set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.
    Previous CotM Aug 2012: "Shimring":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shimring
  • OPSupport
    OPSupport
    There is a 'GM Only' checkbox at the folder level. You can put the files in a folder, and check the 'GM Only' checkbox on the folder.
  • Kallak
    Kallak
    Very nice.
  • wilperegrine
    wilperegrine
    I'd like to use css to hide the media library from the navigation menu, but apparently it's called something different than "media-library" or "files" or "items" --can someone tell me what they name of the navigation link is so I can remove the media library from my navigation menu?
  • weasel0
    weasel0
    just gave you something to try in your stand-alone thread.
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan
    I tried out the 'GM Only' folder option for this week's game, and I have to say it worked pretty well for me. I introduced a bunch of new NPCs, and had their pictures pre-uploaded into that folder for quick and easy access.

Thumbs up from me.