Stellar Cartography

2»

Comments

• Basileus
    Basileus
    I considered buying that when I was testing their Fractal Mapper/World Generator software.

If you bite the bullet, let me know how it is.

If its anything like their other stuff, its pretty powerful under the hood, but has a bit of a learning curve to really use it expertly (not "pick up and play" type software).
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    I've found good blog posts about by an "Evil Doctor Ganymede" that seems to be in the same vein as what i want to do... take real star catalog, convert to x, y, z coordinates, plot all the stars

from the forums, feel a little meh on the planetary system generator (e.g. they were dismissing a a guy that was correct about something), but realize I have high standards given my academic background in planetology... but according to the hype page, you can create your own planetary system generator, so...

(also interested in using real exoplanets and extrapolating undetected exoplanets in the same system, in the spirit of latter editions of GURPS Space... but have problems with their planet generator too)
  • Johnprime
    Johnprime

I picked up AstroSynthesis 3.0, by NBOS Software. I've gotten some pretty good results from it for my near space sci-fi campaign.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life