The People's COTM

2»

Comments

• Basileus
    Basileus
    Excellent!

Although, it was February's COTM...

Month it was nominated/voted on versus month it was announced in.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    You are right, Basileus. I was so happy to see it displayed, I didn't even notice the date.

Andrew - could that Jan 16 be changed to Feb 16 without too much of a problem?

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• andreww38
    andreww38
    @twiggy -

I don't quite understand.
    Could you drop me either an email or PM about what should be changed?

I'll check how easily it can be done.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    @Andrew

Have sent you an email with a screenshot.

twigs

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Yes, Twiggy and Basileus are right- it is February's CotM, as that is when it was announced- but glad it is displayed

Just trying to help out.

• andreww38
    andreww38
    @twiggy, kvp -

The amende COTM badge now says Feb 2016. (Phew, it didn't take too many neurons to figure it out).

I should be able to update the COTM winners within 12-24 hours once you guys let me know and we've announced it publicly.

We're also planning to aim for announcement on our FB page and Twitter account within 24 hours after the announcement in the forums.

If there's anything else, I or the team can do to help, let me know.

I believe Abersade has the "GM of a featured campaign" badge on his profile? Or has he won it before?

I'll be looking into the "player in a featured campaign" badges for the players, because the badges might have to be assigned manually, or did not get placed properly.
    Post edited by andreww38 on
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Keryth987 will be taking the lead on the COTM this month.
    I'm sure he'll be in touch at the appropriate time.
    My view of the Durnskald badge still shows as January. I have sent you an email with a new snapshot!

twigs

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    The date is rectified now.
    Good luck for March!

twigs

Inner Council Member

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    April COTM:

I have loved Adoraith’s campaign for a long time now and so am overjoyed for him to have won the Campaign of the Month. For me, it has always been a campaign evincing a rich tapestry, visually, literally and thematically, and reading of the construction of the idea, I am in awe of the depth of the weave. There is something almost Tolkienesque about the magical simmering background that holds up this great campaign. (And I only later in the interview found out that I share with Adoraith a level of inspiration of JRR.)

Even the interview is spectacularly laid out, with great contributions from the players. I don’t even know what the “Trellmont Witch” is but I love it and its crucified body sirens anyway. Similarly, Dragon’s Tear and the Pandemonium Doors are names that easily etch themselves into the memory of an enquiring mind.

A large permanent game room in the house – ah, now let the envy begin…. I also love the photos of the game mechanics. Those darling miniatures placed lovingly on that vinyl mat. It really evokes Adoraith’s actual game.

I really loved the whole interview and agree with all of the pearls of wisdom but most of all with “Never allow adherence of the rules to get in the flow of the game.” I totally agree with this and yet we constantly find ourselves succumbing to it in all our games. Perhaps it is even the great dialectic of Fantasy RPG….?

Thanks, Adoraith and your team!

twiggyleaf
    CURRENT CAMPAIGN: "Mysteria":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/mysteria - set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.
    Previous CotM Aug 2012: "Shimring":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shimring

Inner Council Member

• Adoraith
    Adoraith
    Twigs,

You pay us such compliments that saying thank you seems like such an understatement. Your kind and thoughtful words really mean a lot to us. After pouring our heart and soul into this story getting such an honor is truly amazing.

Adoraith