Obsidian Portal Launch Feedback

Comments

• Bortas
    Bortas
    1) Auto-emailer sporadic fails
    and way further down the list
    2) embedded media issues
    3) I'll toss a couple copper KVP's way with regard to the CSS blockout.

-bort
    "Morwindl":https://morwindl.obsidianportal.com
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    1 and 2 both have help tickets
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    Of those three, I vote:

1. Email (I have actually experienced this)
    2. Embeds (Secondhand accounts)
    3. CSS issues (no knowledge of these)

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• Basileus
    Basileus
    1) Sporadic email issues
    2) Making forum threads publicly visible
    3) Embedding media
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Thanks folks, keep them coming! I am applying for the open position, and with your support, I can help get Obsidian Portal back to an Ennie worthy site! All support for myself making a real difference on the inside would be truly appreciated!
    Victor aka killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com

Just trying to help out.

• RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Best of luck Killervp!

I would say you were the VP for the position, but... I can't jokes right now.
  • Maesenko
    Maesenko
    Oh how I would love to see us get back to Ennie levels. Might give me a reason to make the trip out to Gencon this or next year.

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I fully endorse and support KVP's bid for the open position.

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Really do want those lists... thanks for the support!!

Just trying to help out.

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd
    1. CSS issues
    2. Embeds (be nice to get a Star Wars crawl on the front page of my FAE SW site)
    3. Email

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    @humannoyd- What are your CSS issues- I don't recall seeing a ticket for you having css issues.

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    1. Maps (being able to use NON SQUARE ratio and better zooms)
    2. Any remaining email notification issues...
    3. Footnote signature capability in the Forums

twigs
    Post edited by twiggyleaf on

Inner Council Member

• Keryth987
    Keryth987
    1. Embed Issues
    2. Email - Dont really need it, but its been such an issue for others for so long it needs to be fixed
    3. CSS Issues - Not having any myself (knock on wood) but for the rest

Keelah Se'lai,
    Keryth
    "Shadows Over New York":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shadows-over-new-york
    "2013 Campaign of The Year":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/2013-coty-shadows-over-new-york/
    "Campaign of the Month July 2013":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/shadows-over-new-york-julys-campaign-of-the-month/

• SkidAce
    SkidAce
    1. Forums optional private/public.
    2. Cant' edit recent forum posts without work around (add a new post with one word, delete, and then you can edit the prior post).
    3. Inserting item pages like you can wiki pages.
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    I'd like to support SkidAce's first point as well

twigs

Inner Council Member

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd
    KillerVP, it doesn't always happen but sometimes I will change some CSS and when I click "Save" it kicks it back to before I edited it saying that I can only use CSS on the site. Thing is that I was only using CSS. This has happened around 3 or 4 different times. Eventually I would get it to work but usually the next day or something. I figured it was just code-fatigue with my eyes going cross or something. But then I heard that others were facing the same issue. Which is what I figured "CSS Issues" was referring to.

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Really need more people to list their 3 most important currently broken parts of OP!

Just trying to help out.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan
    Yeah, I'd agree that the embedded videos issue is still the #1 concern.

Map improvements would be my #2, for totally personal reasons. I'd love to see the square map requirement removed, the zoom capabilities improved, and the customizable flags that were (I believe) supposed to be included in the Reforge. And while we're at it on the maps, I don't know how difficult this might be but I'd love to have the option to make a map GM-only. I was mildly disappointed to discover that this isn't currently available.

I don't really have a third complaint at this time.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd
    It's not exactly a complaint but it would be really nice if you could update images instead of just adding new ones. Now if I make any changes I have to upload the new image and then find the new URL and then change all the CSS to match the new one. Be nice to just select an image and upload an update.

• Krothos
    Krothos
    I'd still like to see an option where the End Time isn't a required field when setting up a calendar event. It makes sense to leave it for those groups that want to set a specific end time, but for my group we all play until we're tired of playing (or fall asleep at the table).
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Thanks folks! Please keep adding them, preferably, as stated previously, on things that are broken which need fixing. Presenting these at a meeting in just over 24 hours, at least the fixes that are needed in priority order.

Just trying to help out.

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998
    1. I would like to be able to restore the backup xml, so if a mistake is made that seriously damaged the site, the site could be restored to a previous way. As it is now, there are a few things I am concerned about trying due to no restoring.
    2. Email issues are sporadic for me but still would like to see them fixed.
    3. Have the backup also backup all images in the zip file.
  • ketherian
    ketherian
    1. Restoring backup xml; before joeschmoe998 mentioned it, I'd not given it much thought -- but this is key. I like that I can make a backup. Having the backup file splitter hosted on OP (giving full credit to its creator, and linked to the backup generator) would be a very convenient to have.
    2. Better image management (why can't I access the character portraits through the main image editor and vice versa? Access images from other sites with me as a gm/admin. Plot down a url instead of an image using the image management tool. Resizeable interface window. etc..)
    3. Fix the link at the bottom of the forum posts to a valid page listing the redpath textile formatting information. It's a very handy link and it sucks that it's still broken.
    --
    Ketherian
    "Good textile reference":http://redcloth.org/textile
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Final tally before meeting- Only putting those with more than 3 mentions
    Email issues- 8
    Embed issues- 8
    CSS issues- 5

Thanks everyone! Please remember to create help tickets for any and all issues you are having!
    Victor aka killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com

Just trying to help out.

• joeschmoe998
    joeschmoe998
    Well, what happened in the meeting?

BTW, I would still like to be able to restore backups :-)
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Fix coming shortly that we are really excited about on the programming end. More early next week.

Just trying to help out.

• Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    Embedded videos are showing up in my wiki - is this the result of a deliberate action / a permanent fix, or is it just another case of videos temporarily coming back for no known reason?
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    and... embedded videos are gone... again

never got any word on if this was the result of intentional attempt to fix the issue or is something that's just happening
  • weasel0
    weasel0
    Well, Tuesday would be the end of "Early Next Week" in my opinion so here's to hoping there's something to be seen.
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    is it just me or does instances in wiki pages of the character ~ (squiggly horizontal line dash) turn into - (straight horizontal line dash) at different times? Asking here because the most re-appearance of squiggly line dashes in my wiki and it's disappearance seemed to coincide with the reappearance and disappearance of the video embeds...
    Post edited by Tau_Cetacean on
This discussion has been closed.

March 2024
Wrath of the Highborn

Read the feature post on the blog
Return to Obsidian Portal

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussions