What's the funniest movie of all time?
I'm not really a basketball person, but I do love comedy. So with a lot of input from online friends, I built "a mammoth 256-entry March Madness bracket":https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IJVs_KpLYlQ-fU08A8d2jlOn6CXJTwySETpuu27et1k/edit#gid=541452348 for comedy movies.
"Here's the first piece of Round 1.":https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K2SHS3S The rules are simple - in each head-to-head match up, pick the movie you think is funnier. The winner will move on, and the loser will be out of the competition. I'm going to leave each survey open for 48 hours before moving on to the next set. (I wanted to make each set longer, but I didn't want to give SurveyMonkey $300 just so I could include more than ten questions per survey.)
The first set of match-ups:
- The Great Dictator (1940) vs. My Little Chickadee (1940)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) vs. A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014)
- Father of the Bride (1950) vs. Funny Face (1947)
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) vs. Napoleon Dynamite (2004)
- Hatari! (1962) vs. The Nutty Professor (1963)
- A Mighty Wind (2003) vs. Evolution (2001)
- The Odd Couple (1968) vs. Our Man Flint (1966)
- Dogma (1999) vs. Meet the Parents (2000)
And don't worry, this isn't some kinda click-bait. It's totally anonymous and free. So go vote!
Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year
"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life." - - Kevin Smith