Show off your campaign?

Vishera
Vishera
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
Is there a certain thread for showing off our campaigns or do we just hope someone comes along and sees it? I was just curious, thanks!

DM of "Rage Of Demons: Out of the Abyss":https://rod-oota.obsidianportal.com/

Comments

• Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    the Review My Campaign thread is one the Sticky-ed threads in the forum:
    http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=2219
  • Vishera
    Vishera
    thanks. I also posted it in my intro :)

• Kallak
    Kallak
    Took a quick browse, and while I largely think it looks great, there are a small handful of things that it might be worth looking into. Hopefully you see this as my ideas to strengthen the look/theme and not as nit picks.

1. The grey font color used for some clickable items is harder to read at times. For example, it looks fine on the character listing page, but is tougher to see on the maps listing page. The light up hover effect helps somewhat, but this is more true in the instances where the text is thicker (such as the characters page) than thinner (such as the maps). Possible "fixes" would include a change in text color or a black text outline.

2. Going back to the maps page, the line that goes across the entries just above the clickable name should probably be removed. It doesn't fit the aesthetic at all and almost ends up looking like a gap in image coverage.

3. There are some disparities in style with regards to tables that appear on the site. Some examples: On the Regions page, two tables appear with identical headings (namely Region and Description) - making them effectively identical tables, just for different areas, but they have different widths. Another example would be that the headings on those region tables have a red background color, while on the variant rules page, the table heading has a grey background.

4. Speaking of background colors, the pinkish background color of heading boxes on the history page doesn't seem to match anything else on the site that I can find, which makes it come off as a bit odd.
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Vishera
    Vishera
    • I fixed the header colors on the maps/adventure logs page. As for the line on the maps page Im not sure how to get rid of that. I combed through my CSS and haven't found it yet.
    • Fixed the table coloring and width. I didn't want to use red on the variant rules table as red indicates a rule not being used, so I set both table headers with grey.
    • Fixed the pinkish coloring on the history page.

- Lemme know how that looks now
    Post edited by Vishera on

• Kallak
    Kallak
    Definitely improved. Looks better for sure
    All the best,
    - Kallak