Your Proudest Moment

2»

Comments

• BearerOfTidings
    BearerOfTidings
    Great story, Mae.

I was running a post-Republic Star Wars campaign for a group of kids and a friend who was the father of some of the kids. The group was trying to get to this really distant planet where they believed a force artifact was located to keep it out of the Empire's hands. The only ship they can find is an old rust-bucket called the Wounded Pigeon that kept losing parts every time it took off. The captain was an old drunk but the group had a hot-shot pilot so that was okay. They get to the planet only to discover that the Empire has already gotten there and there is no force artifact. But the group has a half-trained Jedi and the Imperials decide that nabbing her would at least make the trip worth their while.

They get chased like crazy, killing something like 20 Imperial fighters with the Pigeon's barely functioning cannon and the Pigeon losing more and more systems until the only two things left are the hyperspace drive and life support. Then life support dies... But the programmer type criticals her navigation roll and they go zipping off into hyperspace near a gas giant. An Imperial cruiser tries the same stunt and is destroyed. The kids are cheering like crazy as they have survived one really tough fight scene. But I wasn't done with them yet.

The old captain says, "This ship deserves a better name. She is one for the ages. She killed all those fighters, she's not a pigeon, she's a bird of prey. I going to call her the Millennium Falcon!" The kids literally levitated as one and went running out of the room screaming.

The kids dumped every single penny they had into improving the ship but the captain lost it is a card game shortly after that.
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan
    Out. Freakin'. Standing.

Last year I played in a Star Wars one-shot at Gamicon in Iowa City. We managed to unintentionally stumble our way into the hidden Imperial base where the Death Star was under construction. After a lot of sneaking, we managed to hack into the blueprints for that monstrosity.

...We added a small thermal exhaust port to the plans.

---------------

In other news, I'm totally going to steal that adventure from you Mae. :-)

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Maesenko
    Maesenko
    UTM, hit me up if you want any additional details or fun bits I threw in. I also forgot to mention my favorite magical item I ever introduced, _Quaal's Feather Chickens_ and the hilarity that ensued the following session...

~Mae

CotM Selection Committee

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    OOOOHHHH, that I want to see! You should make a wiki page of it, and share!!

Just trying to help out.