Obsidian Portal Launch Feedback

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    So, seems that we have a new community manager, AaSampson.
    Not off to a great start, however- closed a ticket that has not been addressed.
    Hopefully he/she will introduce his/herself.
    Seems to have a sense of humor- first campaign is "Punching Bag":https://punching-bag.obsidianportal.com/ That is a good sign.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com

Just trying to help out.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Forgive me, he/she seems to have introduced themselves- nothing really about who they are, what they did previously, etc- or nothing about the fact that it seems that Alex_Redeye is or is not coming back- here is the message, copied from elsewhere in the forums.
    AaSampson
    Hello Op Community. I'm happy to join you and I'm looking forward to assisting all of you. Feel free to message me your comments, concerns, ideas and campaign updates anytime. May the dice be ever in your favor.

Just trying to help out.

• AaSampson
    Hello OP Community.

My name's Aaron and today is my second day as OPs Community Manager. As I'm reading back through months of forum and site history I'm honored to join so many passionate people. I can see this site is a labor of love that has stayed alive through more then a few trials and tribulations. I won't beat around the bush, I'm new I have quite a lot to learn about OPs history, OPs users and OPs goals and promises made to the users. However, I have a very particular set of skill , skills that make me a nightmare for problems like this and if you post a problem I will message you and we will address it with gusto.

About Me:
    I'm an IT professional working mainly in Project management, Business Analyst roles and Documentation. The take away here is my affinity for reading documentation and working with people across the business to get the job done. I'm most often the bridge from requirements to implementation.

I have years of tabletop experience ranging from Magic the Gathering, D & D, Shadowrun , Pathfinder, Table top board games etc.(I've thrown quite a few lava axes in my time) I love the lore of a good story and I'm currently playing the Witcher 2 in my few odd hours.(You are now my even hours)

I know I have some big shoes to fill and believe me when I say, I'm ready and eager to assist all of you.I can promise more frequent updates, spreading information through multiple media sources and a clear channel of communication. My top level concern is the glut of tickets currently pending closure. Look forward to quite a few merged threads and closed issues.

As I read your comments and your concerns I'm compiling your thoughts along with the promised additions to the site to better serve you and present reasonable expectations. HOWEVER, I need your help. Please reach out to me OP community tell me your comments, concerns, ideas and campaign updates. Inform me of threads like this where I can make my presence known, message me about your ticket that needs attention, update me on pieces of the site to revitalize(I'm looking at you blogs and podcast) and lastly bring me your thoughts and issues. If you don't like something I've done politely let me know so we can discuss it and I'll let you know my reasoning. I have thick skin and I'm willing to listen to criticism. The important thing here is to communicate with me.

I look forwarding to working for and with all of you. Until my next update keep the faith OP.

(I have a sense of humor so be prepared for mirth, for the mirth train cometh)
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan
    Welcome, Aaron. :-)

All I really ask is that you follow Andrew's example. Be present. Communicate with us. Let us know that we matter.

(For the record, I'm not criticizing Andrew's predecessors at all. But he has provided something that this community desperately needed, and I don't think anyone here wants that ball to stop rolling now that we've finally gotten it moving again.)

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Basileus
    Basileus
    Hi Aaron!

- waves -

I just have a few items I'd like to bring to your attention:

# Please keep in mind the interests of the sentient space arachnids as you go about your business - they are a larger part of the OP user base than you might think and thus deserve consideration.
    # If you find any exsanguinated husks in dark corners of the forums, just keep calm and carry on...
    # Do you have a license to drive that mirth train? Just bear in mind that much of OP is a residential area, so please keep your speed down and avoid blowing the mirth whistle.
    Post edited by Basileus on
  • berdman
    berdman
    Welcome, Aaron pull up a chair and sit a spell.

Basileus don't give away all the secrets on day 2. :D We were finally getting the arachnids to leave killervp's campaign alone.

I will second UselessTriviaMan's ask and help keep the ball rolling.

The one thing I would add is don't be afraid to tell us the bad. I would rather we learn before hand if something is going to be delayed, or an issue is being particularly difficult, rather than be surprised by it.
  • andreww38
    andreww38
    @Basileus - thanks for bringing those items to our attention.
    Over here in the chapter, we prefer "Genestealer" together with their associated designation "Primacii", "Purii", even though the vast majority of the Imperium prefers "sentinent space arachnids".

Re "exsanguinated husks", most of the chapter brothers prefer taking a heavy flamer to it. I prefer a few solid whacks with the Thunder Hammer (uncharged, of course), else the Adeptus Mechanicus will be on me again for another breached bulkhead.

"mirth train" - I haven't come across many of those, though the Emperor knows I'm spent enough on Jokaero digital weapons...

-
    PS: We plan to keep the ball rolling.

All hail the Emperor
  • Basileus
    Basileus
    bq. most of the chapter brothers prefer taking a heavy flamer to it. I prefer a few solid whacks with the Thunder Hammer

o.O

Psst, my brood siblings... _flee!_

- skitters into an air vent -
    Post edited by Basileus on
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    !http://omnichron.net/external/images/intensifies.jpg!
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    I must give Andrew much props for being professional, honest, and actually interested in the site since he came back. Still nervous about what happens when he leaves, and still not at all happy with other things, but he has been great.

Just trying to help out.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    I see it now!!! It has returned!! 13 pages and over 1300 comments....

Just trying to help out.

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Spent an hour on a skype call with Aasampson today- professional, helpful, and productive.
    Wanted to let everyone know that it was a positive experience!
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com
    "OP's COTM April 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/a-god-rebuilt-aprils-cotm/
    Over 350 Fans, and Looking for More!

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    That's good to hear, Victor.

Thanks for sharing.

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• RyanHeck
    RyanHeck
    Woohoo!
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Noticed that AaSampson is no longer listed on the help boards- does that mean that there is no community manager again? If so that was less than 2 months- awfully quick, and sad, as I found Aaron to be professional after our first bumpy intro.
    Post edited by GamingMegaverse on

Just trying to help out.

• Basileus
    Basileus
    Eep! o.O

Last active March 8th (or is that just form activity?)... maybe the case.
  • Lxcharon
    Lxcharon
    The job is cursed! CURSED! All who enter into this position never returns.... OOooooOOOOOoooooo
  • Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    Just e-mailed Andrew to see what's going on
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Let us know the answer.

Just trying to help out.

• Lxcharon
    Lxcharon
    Well I see Andrew has commented on the boards
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    What? Where??

Just trying to help out.

• Lxcharon
    Lxcharon
    Andrew commented on UTM's first step is admitting thread 20 hours ago. I'd post a link but I'm on my phone
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Does not answer the question on where is Aaron Sampson.

Just trying to help out.

• Lxcharon
    Lxcharon
    But if Andrew is on the forums he's around to answer questions about aaron
  • andreww38
    andreww38
    Hey all,

Thanks to Tau for flagging this thread. I missed it as I was doing a sweep of threads in the forum.

In the past month we've done some re-organization of how the OP operations team is set up, brought in more tech resources, changed some of our customer support SOPs, etc.

I'm in the process of working with management to announce a number of these updates, which we believe will make OP a better quality site for all its users.

Note: the announcement isn't ready yet, so we'll give an update about how things have been reorganized by Wednesday.

tl:dr - still crafting the message, getting approval, so this message might come across like a non-announcement announcement.
    OP is, and continues to be an important community for Kaleidoscope. Announcement to come by Wednesday.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    A simple question- of 3 currently broken things on Obsidian Portal, please rank them in order of what you would like to be fixed. This can include undelivered stretch goals or items that have service tickets.
    For me it is
    1- Embeded video
    2- CSS not being able to be added/changed (so far I am the only one that has said this is an issue in the help forums)
    3- Email notifications and invites not working correctly.

Please, please give your feedback!!

Just trying to help out.

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd
    Actually I have had a couple of instances of not being able to add or change my CSS as well.

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Please add your voice to my ticket "here":http://help.obsidianportal.com/discussions/problems/19072-cannot-add-more-css
    Please also give your 3 most important fixes!!

Just trying to help out.

• Tau_Cetacean
    Tau_Cetacean
    1) the wiki edit window hanging issue (maybe idiosyncratic to me, but it sounded like the diagnosis was the server-side fix for it would help performance across the board)
    2) embedded video not showing up
    3) distant third: that logging in with your e-mail address and not fakebook account requires several additional steps
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Thanks Tau- would sure like others to weigh in. Try to make the list only problems that have help tickets or undelivered stretch goals- trying to create a list for Kaleidoscope.

Just trying to help out.

This discussion has been closed.

March 2024
Wrath of the Highborn

Read the feature post on the blog
Return to Obsidian Portal

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussions