Adding a Campaign Banner

Comments

• gilorian
    First question; do you need to be a premium member to add a campaign banner?
    2nd; do you need to be the dm to add a campaign banner?
    3rd; where exactly is the button/how do you add the campaign banner?

Thanks for your time.
  • discomute
    discomute
    1) No
    2) Yes
    3) When you "edit settings" (on your 'home' it is on the right toolbar) at the bottom you can upload banner.
  • gilorian
    Thank you - much appreciated.
  • Blitzwing42
    Blitzwing42
    I uploaded a campaign banner that was exactly 750x300 pixels, but the right edge is cut off when it displays at the top of the screen. Why is it cropping it, and how can I fix it?
  • Savannah
    Savannah
    I'm pretty sure it needs to be no more than 730px wide.
  • weasel0
    weasel0
    Okay, well the upload says it's set for 750px wide, also my question is:

Is the upload set to accept only certain file types?
    Size limit?

The guidelines are very ...not there and I'm getting an error uploading my asset. I have a tif i'm trying to upload at 3.7mb

Just converted to gif at 426kb and it worked. More directions on what is and is not acceptable for the banner would be appreciated.
  • Pils
    Pils
    Yes, your banner's maximum dimensions are 730x300px... And when you're working with images on OP, try to limiting the size (I work with .jpg or .png, between 10 and 500kb), otherwise some pages will be slow to open.

-Pils
    "Dark Sun -- La Décade des Héros":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/dark-sun-a-trova: Face the Fire of the Dark Sun... a World ravaged by Sorcery!
    "Al-Qadim -- Golden Voyages":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/aq-golden-voyages: Who Among you Dares to Challenge the High Seas?

-Pils

Dark Sun ● La Décade des Héros : Face the Fire of the Dark Sun... a World ravaged by Sorcery! (CotM - Dec 2012)

Les Royaumes Oubliés : A D&D 5e old school style Forgotten Realms campaign!

(And I'm so soooorry for my poor english...)